“bugs in the bed”
Review of Rodeway Inn Lee

Rodeway Inn Lee
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have stayed at this motel often but never encountered (bed)bugs in the sheets. I was reading, we had checked the other bed and thought both were fine. When the office was notified, the bed had to be checked, we had to pack and then left with the assurane we would not be charged for the three hours we occupied the room. There was no appology for having to find a room at midnight, no offer to pay for another room and no acknowledgement from management or headquarters that there had been a major problem. We will not stay there again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank judanne

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Room not clean-toilet seat needed replacement-rug needed vaccuming-bathroom floor needed cleaning. Didn't even take shower, couldn't get out fast enough. Are these owners related to Quality Inn owners?

Room Tip: Stay in another town.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank maryalice423
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The price was right and we needed a place in the Berkshires which would allow a one-night stay; many require a minimum of two. So this did the trick--it was about 5 minutes from Tanglewood where we went to see Earth Wind and Fire (fabulous despite rain). The hotel is part of the Comfort Inn chain so we got points for staying there.
So again, there were factors which lead us to this particular hotel. And it was ok inasmuch as it fit the bill.
Good thing: location.
Not so good: ants in the room. Lots of them. I actually put my suitcase up on a bureau to avoid them, but they still invaded it; next day had to shake them out of my clothes. There was no food in there so don't know what they were so excited about.
Good thing: they were ants, not bedbugs.
Good thing: beds were comfy, actually.
Bad thing: pillows were flat, a little yukky.
One more not very good thing, involving ants and breakfast: ants were on the breakfast. The breakfast "spread" wasn't actually too bad; bananas and yogurt looked good. So I brought those back to the room but didn't eat them--after my shower, there were ants all over them. Returned said items to the breakfast room, aka office; and then noticed ants in/on the other food items in there. Appetite: gone.
All in all, it wasn't horrible; there are many worse things I can think of besides ants. While I do not enjoy them, especially in such an intimate manner, it wasn't the end of the world.
The pool looked nice and again, the location worked well. I reported the ants to the office person so perhaps they will be absent in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieLovesFrance
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I was in the area for a wedding and thought even though the rooms wouldn't be luxury that they would at least be tolerable. Well, I was wrong!! There were spiders everywhere, hair in the bed, the floor was damp and dirty, there was only a flat sheet on the bed so we were forced to sleep on the disgusting old mattress, and worst of all, I woke up with cockroach-like bugs in the bed with me! It was terrible! I went to the front office to calmly explain my situation and ask for a refund for the second night I had paid for, which I would not be staying, and the owner proceeded to scream in my face, telling me I was disrespectful and that I was lieing. It was an absolutely TERRIBLE experience and I will never ever stay at a Rodeway Inn again in my life, especially this dump!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Go to a bed and breakfast!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank zoeandcooper
Reviewed 25 April 2011

All and in all not a bad place. Room was very clean. The only issues we had were the TV remote didn't work, and I forgot to ask if they had a bathtub, the room we had only had a shower. Checked out the continental breakfast, wasn't to much to choose from so we didn't try anything. Location is right across the street from the Mass State Police .

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sassypt
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We, a couple, stayed two nights at the inn while participating in a craft show in West
Stockbridge. Our non smoking room was immaculate, and provided a king bed, and in
room efficiency kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and all necessary utensils and dishes.
The owner/manager was most gracious and provided a nice continental breakfast.
My only regret was that it was a little too cool to make use of the inviting outdoor pool.
I would make this my first choice when I am in that area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We paid in advance and were assigned Room 26. Based on the fact this room was out of sequence and that it was small, unusually shaped and had many extra outlets we assume this was at one time a vending machine or laundry. It had no front window and no functioning bed lamp. But most of all it was dirty and bug infested. My wife work up with many bites on her feet. This was the worst motel we have stayed at in years.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
0.7 km away
Sunset Inn
#5 of 9 in Lee
2.1 km away
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area

Been to Rodeway Inn Lee? Share your experiences!