See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Morgan House. We love the atmosphere. The hosts are always lovely. I am giving this review 3 stars for several reasons though as we want to be able to come back and have better experiences.

Both times we were here there was no bread and we had to wait till after ordering and receiving appetizers to get bread. We had to wait to have our water glasses filled and had to wait at least 5 minutes just to get the dessert menu which had 4 items and we were told they ran out of one.

My grilled salmon was fine. I really liked the farro that came with it.
My family enjoyed their soups,salad and entrees.

The spinach artichoke dip was a huge disappointment. I took a little spoonful and it was quite literally a chunk of cream cheese. If you are expecting a traditional spinach artichoke dip this is not it. If you like eating cream cheese out of a tub perhaps you will like it. They charge $8. And there were probably only 3 little chunks of artichoke.
It's served with pita.

We want to LOVE this restaurant. It's convenient for us and we love the historical factor of the house. Also a really nice touch is that they put foam under the wooden tables and when you cross your legs it's all nice and padded. I loved that!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2016

Admittedly it is only a 20-minute drive for my wife and I to enjoy the food and atmosphere of the Morgan House in Lee, Ma. However, the closeness of the destination in no way detracts from enjoying the food and decor of this 160+ year old establishment. It's more than obvious from the low ceiling and flooring that this place has a great deal of history behind it dating back to when it greeted riders of the inbound stagecoaches in the mid 1800's.
The food and service by no means takes a second seat to what one would expect of a first class restaurant. Portions are more than adequate and prices reasonable and having a friendly, efficient waitstaff helps make the dining experience complete. I did have a bit of fun with the waitress last time we visited when I teased about the odd number of rolls brought to the table and that my wife and I had to thumb wrestle for the last one. Overall I highly recommend the Morgan House for a peaceful, relaxing dining experience.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freedom_on_wheels
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Today's adventure brought us to Mount Greylock for a view to die for, as well as another opportunity to visit the Morgan House in Lee, MA. We were so happy to be greeted by Donna (our server extraordinaire) and to experience yet another fantastic lunch. Aside from the best Bloody Marys "this side of the pecos", my meatloaf on brioche sandwich was delish!!! Thanks, Donna. You (and the entire Morgan team) made our day! Toby & the Gang

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TobysTravels
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

The food was really great and the service was impeccable. The portions were huge and in fact when I tried to order a side salad the waitress dissuaded me saying the portions were large. I ended up taking half my turkey sandwich home so I'm glad she did!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2016

Morgan House is an inn, tavern and restaurant. The new owner, Vern, is an experienced restauranteur and a reluctant innkeeper. He purchased the property a few months ago primarily to further develop the already successful restaurant of the same name. The inn happened to come with it. He seems equally determined to improve the inn almost as much as the restaurant and tavern.

The inn is quite old, over 200 years old. The building is structurally sound, with everything in excellent working order. Some rooms are on the smaller side with a shared bath. We stayed in a very large room, room 207 (Honeymoon room is its name), with a king bed, private bath, sofa, dining table and chairs and a small refrigerator. It was one of the rare rooms, if not the only room, with a coffee maker. Housekeeping did not know how to deal with the coffee maker, nor did they recognize it was there. Vern was always quick to give us a supply of coffee, filters, milk, cups and utensils, whenever we asked for this, which was daily during a 4 night stay. This room is in the rear of the building, clearly an addition at some point in ancient history, but it has a deck, with a private entrance from the rear parking lot. It was often more convenient to come and go from the private entrance than to cross the entire structure. There is a public deck in the front of the building with tables and chairs that overlook busy Main St.

I wish Vern a lot of luck and success with his future projects and look forward to visit again and watch progress being made.

Vern is incredibly friendly and helpful. He is quite interesting and will chat with you at length. He will fill you in on his background and about his attraction to the Berkshires if you ask him. He loves discussing his future plans for the inn, restaurant and tavern. His right hand man, Louie, a retired auctioneer, is, not surprisingly, gregarious and charismatic. He is also very quick to help you out in any way possible. They reserved an exceptional table for us one night to celebrate a special anniversary. I reviewed the restaurant separately.

There is ample, free off street parking right in the heart of Lee. The Price Chopper supermarket is only steps away so it allowed us to stock up on snacks, drinks and breakfast items. Remember, this is not a B&B, so breakfast is on your own. But don't despair, plenty of good places to eat within a couple of hundred feet from the front door.

Morgan House Inn is one of the best values I have found in the Berkshires.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms with a private bath. Less street noise with rooms in the rear
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple