All reviewsback porchcrackling fireold mansionberkshire hillsthird floora wonderful staylabor day weekenddining roombreakfast was deliciouseach morningspent nightscould not have been morebeautiful settingoff seasonscottlawnfireplace
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful lovely rooms. Our bathroom was particularly spectacular. Very helpful staff, friendly efficient hard-working. The restaurant however is a total waste of time. Don't be fooled by the lovely decor. The lounge on the other hand is a fantastic place for a cocktail. If you are staying at the Inn seek out William and he will make sure you are taken care of. He is amazing! We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidP4
Reviewed March 23, 2017

We rented out the entire inn for 3 days and had a magnificent time. The staff was so attentive, took care of our every need. The food is great, the Inn is very cozy, yet extravagant. Top of the line amenities and linens, just a great getaway.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited the inn in February 2017 for a winter getaway. Once again it proved to be a wonderful stay. The owner was very attentive, leaving no detail overlooked - but in a very relaxed and casual manner making it seem as though we were among friends. A special mention to Will, who was always one step ahead of us! We will be back again for sure.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avabalaban
Reviewed February 14, 2017

We got married here in November, 2016. It was a wonderful weekend and we cherish our memories thanks to the Kemble Inn. We rented out the whole venue so that our family could stay here. The wonderful things about the Kemble:
1. Breakfast was special and delightful.
2. The rooms are quaint and lovely.
3. Even though they say the bridal suite is on the 2nd floor, we stayed in the room on the first floor and this room is amazing. Its huge and beautifully decorated.
4. The food: Our tasting with Chef Ron was incredible. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. You can tell that he loves what he does. He worked with us to create a perfect menu. Our reception dinner was wonderful. Everyone raved about the food.
5. The staff: Everyone worked so hard and we appreciated what they put into our weekend.
6. Other thoughts: I think this venue is best for smaller weddings. We had under 40 guests and it fit everyone perfectly. I don't know if I would try to put anymore people into the space.

The bad (and ugly):
1. We lost power as we were getting ready. It is NOT the hotel's fault as there was power outages on the entire grid. It came on during the ceremony and in just enough time for the kitchen to cook and then went off again for almost all of the reception meaning that our DJ couldn't play and we were left in the dark. Fortunately, we had so many candles so it made the place romantic and intimate. My problem was, why wouldn't a place like this have a back-up plan like generators? Had the power not come on for a couple hours so that the food could be cooked, this would have been a disaster. This is probably something that will never happen again and it was just some odd occurrence but I hope they have measures in place now. I can say the staff scrambled when the power went out and made sure to light all of the candles and really stepped up so that we wouldn't panic. This incident DID NOT ruin our day in any way. We look back at it and laugh now and we rolled with it that day but I'm sure had we not been able to eat, I would have felt differently.
2. if #1 was the bad, #2 is the ugly. I was really hesitant to post this because overall we did have such a magical weekend but I do feel like people should be warned. In the year in which we booked the Kemble, we went through 3 (I believe) wedding planners. Everyone kept leaving and we were left starting over with the new person. A lot got lost in translation from one planner to the other so it started to get a little frustrating. Finally, the owner stepped in the last few months. This is where it went bad (or ugly). We had selected a dinner package that somehow was miscommunicated to the owner so he thought we were serving a different meal which caused the price to go up. Also, throughout the year the package prices changed so when we were getting close to the wedding, he tried to apply the new rates to our contract. We resolved that and then had to deal with a somewhat dramatic price increase b/c of this miscommunicated meal issue. Well, 2 weeks before the wedding as we went back and forth to straighten everything out, he sent us an email and suggested we find a different venue!!!!!!! Yes, I am serious. When I read that email aloud, my husband's face turned white. We had to save face and try to fix whatever issue he had with us so that our wedding could continue on as planned and we weren't stuck without a venue. This was 2 weeks before our wedding!! After getting on the phone with him and straightening everything out, everyone agreed we would continue on as planned. I have to say, that was a horrible moment, in our otherwise, wonderful experience with the Kemble. The owner is temperamental and is quick to bite back with sharp words and a short temper. Hopefully, he hired another wedding planner so that another couple's interactions with him are minimal.

Final note: the Kemble Inn is a quaint and quirky inn with so much personality. We adored our weekend and the food is incredible. If you are considering having your wedding here, do it!....just double check your contract and the final bill to make sure everything matches up, tell Chef Ron how awesome he is (because he is) and don't ruffle the owner's feathers, and enjoy this special place!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Renee B
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

We decided to go to the Berkshires to celebrate our anniversary because it was only a 2 hour drive from home and offered many options for lodging, dining, and activities. We are very happy we ended up choosing the Kemble Inn for our stay! It was nice to see all of the rooms on their website. We booked room 101. It was right off the main lobby, but we didn't find it noisy. Will greeted us when we arrived, and he was great throughout our stay. All of the staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was larger than I expected and it was elegantly appointed, including a piano! We always factor in nice bathrooms to our hotel choices and this one fit the bill! The tile floor was heated and we had a steam shower room with a marble bench and rain shower, handheld shower head, and jets on the wall. It also had a nice little frosted window letting in natural light in the morning. There was a heated towel rack and nice plush robes. We expected to pay to have a fire lit in the room but we're pleased to see the note that one per day is included. They came to light it soon after we asked. In terms of common areas, the restaurant was just the right size, elegant with delicious food and great service. The lounge area was. Ice and hopping on Saturday night. The back deck, fire pit and yard looked great for the other three seasons! Parking was easy. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple