“Up and Coming ”

Leenies Paninis and More
Ranked #36 of 63 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Leenies Panini’s and More is located in historic downtown . Serving Central and Southern Berkshire County with wonderful sandwich creations by Darleen Zradi. We are located at 17 Franklin St. Lenox Massachusetts with indoor and outdoor dining. Early evening we will be offering specialty tapas and sandwiches for your dining pleasure. Also Tanglewood goers have the option of bringing their fantastic sandwiches, salads and accompaniments to the show with our special Tanglewood lunch and dinner basket service. Just stop in before the show and pick up your order and we will have it ready for you to enjoy on the beautiful lawn at Tanglewood. We look forward to hearing from you as you may visit our Facebook page as well as our yelp page. Darleen Zradi is the chef/owner and has many years of experience in the restaurant world. Most recently she was the executive chef and owner of Sullivan Station restaurant in Lee Massachusetts. You will not be disappointed!! See you soon!!!
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Set on the street front among other restaurants, Leenie's stood out because they specialized in paninis and that was just what we needed at 1:00 on a Sunday. They had more tables open than their neighbors but we found out they were awaiting a liquor license and assumed that was why.

We picked a table on the front patio. The one waitress was definitely busy because no tables had been bussed in a while, but she quickly cleared our table for us. The menu had so many unique paninis that my husband and I decided to order 3 and share. The wait for our food was average.

We enjoyed all three sandwiches: turkey & apple combination, ham & bacon with brie, and a grilled portobello. I enjoyed the bread choice, not overwhelmingly crunchy. My favorite panini was the portobello - it had lots of flavor from caramelized onions & roasted red peppers. My husband liked the ham panini best but I felt the meat portion was a bit sparse. Each sandwich came with a side option of either chips, coleslaw or salad. We got chips and coleslaw. The chip portions are a little small, good, but not house made. The coleslaw was different, hint of vinegar, very tasty.

Our overall experience was good. The prices are fair, quality is good and portions are alright. Our server was very down to earth. They're doing a good job for just starting out. As they work out their kinks & get their liquor license, they'll surely become a hot spot.

1  Thank areis218
darleen82, Owner at Leenies Paninis and More, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you so much and your right we are only 5 weeks into it ..Great news Liquor license will be to us next week ..Yippee ..And as I said you too were Champs eating 3 Paninis..Thank you for your support ..Hope to see you again soon ..Sincerely Darleen

Reviewed July 17, 2017

My brother ordered a sandwich and most of the meat was on one half of the sandwich, leaving it with mostly bread on the other half. Disappointing. We had to catch a show and was assured that they could get us out in 45 minutes, but service was very slow. Finally, they said they were unable to give us a detailed bill. We received a receipt for the total only. Ackward...would not go back.

darleen82, Owner at Leenies Paninis and More, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear Customer ... I am sorry you had a bad experience..this is the first that I ever heard there was a problem ..I wish I knew and I could of helped ..Can you tell me what day or night you were in ..As you know we are new to the area..but not new to the restaurant business and I plan on making our customer satisfied ..I would also suggest if you need to be out in 45 minutes to go to a show in the summertime ..make reservations or call ahead for your order..I make everything to order..freshly homemade ..There is no a place in Lenox that you can get out in 45 minutes or most places in general during the summer ..I will also approach your server to see what happened and I would not like to lose you as a customer..Hope you will give us another try ...
Darleen

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Best tuna melt I have EVER eaten! And, I have eaten a lot of them! A friend and I stopped in after a performance at Jacob's Pillow. I expected to eat only half my sandwich and take the rest home. However, it was so good I just couldn't stop myself and I ate it all! The menu had really interesting paninis and it will be very challenging to keep from ordering another tuna melt in order to try something else on the menu. Looking forward to a return visit.

darleen82, Owner at Leenies Paninis and More, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank you so much. We are happy you tried us out and even happier you were satisfied. Look forward to you next visit

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant, worth checking out. They also offer picnic basket if you are going to Tanglewood. I plan to look into that.

darleen82, Owner at Leenies Paninis and More, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Thank you so much ..We are so excited for our new adventure and so very happy you have given us your loyalty ..Look forward to serving you again..
Yours truly
Darleen

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful new place in Lenox! Excellent sandwiches especially the lobster Panini. Creative new specials every day