“Great Ladies Weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
The Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Living Room
The living room looking out the front door
The living room
Third floor, queen-sized bed, The Yellow Room
The Yellow Room
Side garden and table
The front porch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

joansmith...
East Lyme, Connecticut
“Great Ladies Weekend”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We stayed at the Gartner House in the middle of winter. The house is comfy and well appointed. The kitchen has every thing you would need. The record player and variety of records are fun. A perfect get away with ample room for us 5 girfriends. It was an easy walk to the cute town of Lennox.

Our only complaint was the unequal distribution of heat. The heat rose in the three story house so the third story bedrooms were very hot to keep the living room warm enough on this very cold February weekend. I'm sure this won't be an issue during less extreme cold weather.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Arthur L
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“We wish we could have stayed longer at Gartner house!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at Gartner house over the Christmas holiday! The house was clean, roomy enough for the seven of us, and cozy and well decorated. The kitchen had everything we needed for family meals (including enough room). We enjoyed walking into the charming town of Lenox (about a block). The owner, Deb, was very helpful and accommodating. She even allowed us to bring our dog! We would definitely stay again. Gartner house is a great value!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house itself (decorations, room size etc.). The customer service- Deb was great.
Liked least: Only one bathroom.
Large groups People with pets
Evywrite
New York City, New York
“For Your Inner Hemingway and Visits to a Book Store"”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Step into this cozy, pristine, and charming cottage (beautiful bedding and sheets included) and set your sights high. During a recent stay, in which I had to bring my family, I was able to delve into my writing while my boys and supportive husband spent two days skiing and snowboarding in nearby ski parks. I was in complete heaven, warmth and solitude as I sat at the kitchen table to finish two projects. Available, free wifi for quick reference checks and an amazing record collection kept me extremely focused. For a writing break, walk to town, (less than a city block I would say) and get cafe con leche from the most darling cafe bakery ever! There is also a book store in town where a delightful young person helped me track down the name of a short story written by Michael Cunningham. (I'd originally thought it was written by Michael Chabon). The owner is delightful and available for questions/accommodations. My boys (a teenager included) are looking forward to coming again and I don't know how to tell them that the next trip will be for an all girls (mommy) retreat!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and decoration. Utensils for cooking. A Record/LP collection
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
RevJulia
New York City, New York
“What a warm and well-appointed home!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We had a great fall weekend at the Gartner House! Deb was a lovely and low-key host, and all advanced communications were thorough and thoughtful. The house itself is lovely and very well-lcoated -- walking distance to downtown Lenox. There is a fun little yard, good books for kids and grownups alike, a working VCR/DVD player with VHS tapes and even a functioning record player and album collection! We enjoyed out time at the Gartner House very much and will likely try to come back next fall. Thank you, Deb!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was very sweet -- with lovely details throughout. A well-appointed kitchen, cozy decor, and fun touches that it made for a special family weekend.
Liked least: I could see that a second bathroom would have been good if our kids had been older. There are a lot of stairs for little ones.
Travelling group: Young Children
Large groups
carolhame...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Week-end”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My sisters came from Florida for their annual visit to New England. They had never been to Lenox(one of my favorite places),we looked for a place to stay on Trip Advisor. The house was perfect for us, it is so comfortable and cozy. It was nice to relax and have dinners at home. It is close to everywhere we wanted to go.We had a good time listening to old records and relaxing in the evening. We hope to come back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Patti256
Lake Placid, Florida
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Recently spent three glorious nights at Gartner House with my two sisters for our annual "sisters reunion". What a gem this house is! We walked to downtown Lenox for shopping and restaurants. Stayed in during the evenings and cooked dinner in the well equipped kitchen. Played boardgames and listened to classic music from the huge selection of vinyl records. Much attention to detail has gone into decorating this house. It truly was a home away from home - very cozy.

Deb was more than accommodating in working out our "last minute" reservations and providing plenty of tips on things to do and places to go.

I hope to have an opportunity to return to Gartner House in the future.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Mckenzie...
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great location and place”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Thank you Deb for putting together a house that is well maintained with a lot of charm. I stayed two nights with my family. My dad loved the large record collection; my mom loved the hominess of the place. It was also great to be close enough to Lenox center to walk everywhere.

A few things to know. The house only gets cell phone reception on the 3rd floor. There is no internet. And one of the double beds can really only sleep 1.

Other than that, we loved the cute side yard and front patio, the kitchen with a large array of spices, and the overall feeling of the place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, well stocked, and convienent.
Liked least: 1 of the double beds was too soft for 2 people to sleep on
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
25 Aug 2013
Hi Mckenzie and many thanks for your complimentary review! I very much appreciate it, but feel very bad about the internet. There is in fact WI-FI, but due to a miscommunication, the necessary info to sign on was not left for you- mea culpa! It's brand new, and I guess we're still getting up to speed. If you think that you would like to come back to visit some time, I would like to offer you a free night to compensate. If you would prefer however, I would be happy to send you a check for 50$- you should have had that access.
Regarding the double bed that's too soft, I think you must be referring to the second floor bedroom right by the bathroom. Good to know- thinking about it, I imagine 2 people would end up "pooled" in the center of the bed.Thank you for letting us know and I hope everyone was able to find restful sleep.
Yes, the cell phone reception is a problem and again, i apologize if i failed to let you know about it. I do have the freedom plan on the landline as a consequence, but it's not the same as having your cell phone.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review- I really appreciate the feedback- it's very helpful! Let me know how I can make up for the lack of internet. Take care, Deb
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing