“Just Fine”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is pretty much exactly what you'd expect for the name & the price. It was clean, the heat & AC worked fine & the bed was pretty comfortable. The Wifi signal in my room wasn't so great is pretty much the only negative I have. And the folks at the front desk made it feel like a pleasantly old-fashioned family-run kind of place. Oh, and housekeeping actually respected my Do Not Disturb sign, which was nice. I'd be fine with staying here again if I were in the area, though it didn't blow me away or anything so if I got a better rate on one of the nearby, similar chains I'd just go with that.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2011

this is a rather typical motel but it is a good option for those on a budget. the lenox area can be very expensive and the motel offered a very reasonable rate with some nice extras including a fridge and microwave in the room and continental breakfast. the management was very nice. the wheelchair accessible room does not have a roll in shower but they did have a tub seat which made the bathroom very functional. Although this place has been recently refurbished it felt a little warn and if you really looked behind the doors, etc it could use a little more cleaning. Overall though it was a good deal for the price. It also does not sit in the historic town but this is only a short drive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kdoshi, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your candid comments. We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with the Services and Amenities like our free breakfast, microwave,fridge and accessible rooms. We will pass on your good feedback to front desk staff and also we will give instructions to cleaning staff to take extra care while cleaning behind the doors.

We hope you choose Howard Johnson on your next visit to the town.

Thanks,
Management, Howard Johnson Lenox.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nothing wrong with it , was a decent,clean motel like you find all across the US.

Some of the reviews on here make it out to be worth a special visit , I fail to see why as it is like numerous other motels

But from my friend's experience at The Village Inn in Lenox center the same weekend, I am glad I made the call to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HC1971

Dear Guest,

Thanks for you candid comments. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Lenox with your family. Thanks for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn Lenox.

Thanks,
Management, Howard Johnson Lenox.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

The young lady I talked with prior to my trip was very courteous and knowledgable. Upon arrival, greeted cordially by the manager, who was on duty every time I visited the desk. The room was large and clean, including the bathroom. Lighting was not the best, but that's my only reservation. Fridge, microwave & coffee maker in room.
Complimentary continental breakfast looked very nice, but we opted to go out for breakfast. Rates were low using AARP. Nearby restaurants (within 1/4 mile) were excellent. Would definitely return there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phishmonger
kdoshi, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your candid comments. We are pleased to know that you had good stay at Howard Johnson Lenox. We will forward your positive remarks about Breakfast, Cleanliness and Attentive Staff to the concern Staff members, they will be happy to hear that. Also we will discuss the lighting issue you mentioned in our management meeting. We wish you choose Howard Johnson for you next stay when you visit Lenox again.

Management, Howard Johnson Lenox

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We decided to stay here, because they have a great reputation for cleanliness, and service. We live in Pittsfield Massachusetts, about 10 minutes away, but wanted to treat ourselves to a first class Inn, with amenities. We absolutely loved this place, and I certainly recommend anyone who coming out this way, to book a room here, as a matter of fact, I have company from Florida visiting in October, and I'm going to book a room for them for three days. There was a gentleman there, I believe his name was Navin, super nice very acomadating, every request I made, he took serious, but I got to say everyone there was very helpful, and considerate. This is a JEWEL in Lenox Massachusetts, do yourself a favor check this place out.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank goldinjoe
Reviewed 4 August 2011

A good find. The rooms are large, clean, recently renovated with no mold, mildew, or foul smells--quite unusual for something in this price-range in a tourist spot such as this. The free breakfast is adequate and the support staff friendly. It is only 10-15 minutes from Tanglewood and even in-season they will take a reservation for one night. i would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ilmagnific0
kdoshi, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn Lenox as your hotel. I am pleased that you had a great trip and hope you enjoyed the Tanglewood Music. I look forward to serving your hotel needs in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed in Howard Johnson for 3 nights. Its really great experience with HOJO. Its newly constructed hotel including jaguzzi , rooms and suites.. Rooms were spotless and bed were cozy. Staff was very accommodating and well-mannered . I defiantly recommended hotel to others…

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Julianamaryland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
18.3 km away
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
5.2 km away
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox? Share your experiences!