“A Tribute to Patriotism”

Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Lincoln
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I visited this park over the Memorial Day weekend. The visit was an excellent companion to the Boston Tea Party Museum which I visited earlier.

The Minuteman National Historic Park has a section that is near Hanscom Air Force Base. That is where I started my visit at the Visitors Center.

The park extends from that location, and goes all the way to Concord. It highlights the day that British Regulars left Boston in April 1775 to destroy munition caches held by the colonists I. Lexington and Concord.

The trail and park details the night before the conflict with Patriots like Paul Revere warning the colonists of the British advance. It follows the start of the conflict, "the shot heard around the world" and the subsequent battle as the British retreated back to Boston fighting through a force of militia amassed from several colonies.

The exhibits in the park are informative, the views are scenic, and it is another "must see" for the history enthusiast. The National Park Service has do a excellent job with grounds keeping and preservation.

Date of experience: May 2017
in 4 reviews
"wayside"
"highlights"

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I grew up in Massachusetts but never visited this park until a recent return trip with my son. We will definitely go back there! What a fun day, even on a rainy and cold spring day it was a great place to visit. Loved walking the North Bridge to see where the "shot heard round the world" took place and hear the story. Visitors centers are fantastic, so much great history. I wish I had been there on a reenactment day! Lots of famous people have lived in the houses surrounding the area - all worth a visit.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed October 29, 2016

To stand on the North Bridge, where "once the embattled farmers stood and fired the shot heard 'round the world"....it gave me chills. Such a historic spot - the very birthplace of the Revolution. Felt emotion I did not expect, and the view from the bridge included the memorial to the British soldiers who were buried there. Such deep thoughts about the enormity of it all. I recommend you take the whole Battle Road experience in, and learn about Lexington-Concord, and that long bloody day that changed history.

1  Thank yojimbo56003
Reviewed October 23, 2016

We didn't have as much time as we would have liked in this park! Make sure to leave at least half a day! We went to both visitors centers - in one, there was a multi media show about the area and the history. In the other part of the park, there was a statue of a Minute Man, ranger discussions and even a man dressed as a British Regular answering questions. I wish we had the time to walk on the path. The park is beautiful and the rangers are informative and helpful.