All reviews mass pike western ma hot and cold items yogurt front desk microwave and mini fridge easy access breakfast bar room was clean hotel is conveniently located needed a place to stay five nights off the highway nice amenities a great stay one night stay would stay here again
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

This is a smaller and less expensive hotel then we're used to staying at (we usually stay at a hotel in Downtown Springfield but there was a cheerleading competition at the Mass Mutual center & all the hotels in that area were sold out so we decided to try this hotel in Ludlow).

The hotel was easy to get to off the Masspike and had plenty of free parking which is a huge plus, but the staff were not friendly or helpful (I may be spoiled but I'm used to a better overall customer service experience when I arrive at the front desk to check in - such as telling me what time the free breakfast starts & ends, the amenities of the hotel or even where the elevator is located (you can't see the elevator from the front desk), offering menus for local eateries that deliver etc.

We were on the 3rd floor (room 301). The room was a good size (there were two of us in the room) & and was a good value for the price we paid.

My bf did go downstairs & requested a couple of menus & we did get pasta dinners delivered - the food arrived quickly & was good & the hotel allowed them to deliver right to our room which we liked (some hotels we've stayed at allow this & some want you to pick up the food in the lobby).

Everything in the room worked, the only drawback on the room was the shower water never got hot (even turned all the way up - it was just warm - the night I arrived was cold & windy & I was hoping to take a hot shower to get the chill out of my bones but for the price paid this wasn't a huge thing).

Here's where I get disappointed with the privacy & operation of this establishment & it's staff: We had scheduled & confirmed a late check out time (12 noon) & at 10:50am the housekeeper knocks on the door - my bf & I were both calling from the bed that we had a late check out, since the housekeeper kept knocking we assumed she couldn't hear us through the door so my bf got up to put his pants on (he sleeps in the nude) so he could go to the door & let her know but before he could put his pants on (he was standing near the bed & TV) the housekeeper opened the door & saw him in his Birthday suit. With the door still open he told her that we had a late check out & she said she was not told that & then closed the door & left.

Upon our check out the general manager apologized & said she did not realize we had a late check out but she did say it was in the computer/on the reservation (so I'm not sure what their process). Before we left she made a comment that did not sit well with me - when my bf apologized for the housekeeper seeing him nude (he was embarrassed by that whole situation) the general manager said they've had people answer the door in the nude before - I just want her to know that my bf did not answer the door in the nude - the housekeeper entered the room even though we had a late check out scheduled, a do not disturb sign on the door & we had not checked out yet at the front desk. This is a hotel & personal privacy should be of the utmost importance (if they weren't sure whether we were still in the room or not - why not call? I'm just confused about there whole process regarding a late check out - I can't be the only person to ever request this)...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jana B
hospitalitywithstyle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow, and your comments are very important to us, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient. We are sorry that you did not find our team to be friendly which concerns me since I hire my team for their personality and most people say how customer friendly we are. I looked to see whom the was agent to check you in and it was our trainee who has been at the desk only a week. I really do apologize that he was not friendly and did not tell you about our features of our hotel, I will speak with him about this during the next time he is training here. I can assure you that I will be looking into the matter. The desk is supposed to put a note on the desk or in housekeeping that a guest has a late check out, this was not completed during your stay with us. There was a comment in the computer about a late check out however this does not show up on any reports during a shift, I missed reading the comments during the morning of your stay due to a busy morning of checkouts, I am being honest it was a mistake that should not have occurred. I regret that the housekeeping department did not know about your late check out and I am very sorry that I missed checking notes in the computer during check out time. This was my error and I apologize for the personal intrusion. My head housekeeper said she did not hear anything from your room, knocked a couple times and entered. I am very sorry for this incident. I hope that if you are in the area again you will stop in and stay with us again and let us show you that we are a great hotel. Thank you. Melissa, GM

Reviewed January 1, 2017

I have stayed here a number of nights for a project in the area, the staff is efficient, room are clean and quiet for the most part a little road noise from RT90 in some. Breakfast is usually ready for 6am and put me on site for 6:30 every day.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street and away from RT90,
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2016

My spouse and I traveled to Ludlow for the Thanksgiving holiday. As always, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We stayed seven nights. As always, we had an excellent stay. We were very comfortable in our always-clean room. We enjoyed our breakfast. As always, I availed myself of the exercise room.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Melissa, the manager, remembered me from prior visits.

Without question, the Holiday Inn Express Ludlow is our go-to place when we visit family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quiet, but the noise in rooms on the Mass Pike side is not excessive.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
hospitalitywithstyle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Thank you for your kind review! I will pass your comments on to our staff. It was great to have you here again. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We strive to provide service that keeps our guests coming back time and time again. Sorry that the business printer was down and I'm glad I was able offer my computer so you could print your boarding passes. We hope to see you again in the near future here at the Holiday Inn Express Ludlow! Melissa, GM

Reviewed November 21, 2016

I stayed here for 5 nights last week. The hotel is clean, comfortable. Breakfast is ok (though I stick to cereal and coffee, other food is available). The staff was very accommodating and let me use the breakfast room one evening for a family gathering.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
hospitalitywithstyle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

We strive in making everyone's experience the best ever!! We are pleased you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow. It is nice to know that you found our team nice and helpful. Once again, thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Ludlow, and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit. Melissa, GM

Reviewed October 23, 2016

Best part was that the air conditioner was extremely quiet - indicative of either a better model, a newer one or one that is regularly serviced. Good! Breakfast pretty standard for an HIE. Fitness room contains a limited weight machine as well as cardio. Would like to see all HIEs start offering soy or almond milk.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business