“Very good but in some ways disappointing”
Review of Cafe Vesuvius

Cafe Vesuvius
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Marblehead
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 20, 2018

We have been ordering pizza, cobb salad and I Claudius sandwich from Cafe Vesuvius for a long time because they are very good (the canoli's are a treat!). However we recently ordered a chicken caesar and chicken kabob salad and they were awful. The caesar in particular: no romaine, no parmesan and one crouton. Limp, bland and tossed out. The kabob salad was overwhelming with ingredients, over-flowed the plate and was a total distraction. Also tossed. For the first time since ordering from them we went hungry

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Wanted Romano's pizza but they were not open for the day yet. Tried this place and was very disappointed. The place is shabby and not well kept. The paint is peeling of the walls and there is trash overflowing all over the place. Behind the counter the employees were yelling and joking around with no concern for the eat-in customers. One of the employees was eating a slice behind the counter, nobody stopped him, so I assume they think this is OK. Buffalo chicken slice was skimpy portions and way too salty. Roast beef sandwich took about 20 minutes, but was actually pretty good.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

My family really likes the pizzas and sandwiches here and I love that they have gluten free dough and make the mixed vegetable pizza with no cheese so it's vegan. They are very pricey though.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Not many places around the country make pizza as good as I used to eat back home in Brooklyn, but this pleasant little shop does. Two slices of plain cheese and I'm a happy man.

1  Thank stephenephelpsjr
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

This has been one of our go to neighbor hood pizza places for years, however, we can't keep hoping it will be better next time! I was disappointed when again they forgot the Syrian bread with our salads. When I called to question it, the employee said "oh we ran out of it" well tell me that when I order! My Greek salad was so soggy, obviously a leftover salad, that wasn't rotated. Really sad when operators don't care and just assume they are doing a good job. Save your money or go to Marblehead house which is always consistent and appreciate everyone's business!