Free cancellation until 25/07
The Hotel Salem(Salem)
US$234
US$227
  • Restaurant
Wylie Inn and Conference Center(Beverly)(Great Value!)
US$161
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$89
Travelocity
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$134
Harbor Gardens(Marblehead)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 20, 2014

We arrived at the Pheasant Hill Inn about 5 hours late due to airline delays. Nancy was waiting for us with a pleasant and welcoming smile. The Inn is in a beautiful white turn of the century house with nicely manicured gardens and lawn. We had booked the garden suite which was a very nice living room, spacious bedroom and attached bath. The room looked southeast toward the ocean. There was an outside sitting area, which if we had more time would have been a great place to relax with coffee or tea, or a glass of wine. I have said it before on TA that I am not usually a B&B type person, since I usually feel a little out of place around other guests. This certainly was not the case here and we chatted with other guests over nice breakfasts prepared by Nancy and her husband. Breakfast is srved at 8 AM, which wasn’t a problem since we had plans for each day. Our suite was very clean and relatively quiet, although we could hear other house activities early in the morning. Nancy is a wealth of information about the area. At least one other reviewer commented about the scant parking situation and I would have to agree. I am glad my rental car had a backup camera, especially at night. This B&B was a great start to our New England driving vacation. If we had the opportunity, we would stay here again and highly recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Several very different room styles. Check out their website.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim6918
Reviewed October 17, 2014

We arrived in Marblehead late on a windy evening with driving rain after fighting Boston traffic. The Pheasant Hill BnB welcomed us. The meticulous and gorgeous mansion offers suites-- 2 rooms with a private hallway and bathroom. Our suite had 2 sleeping rooms-- making this very affordable. Our gracious hostess set us on a very interesting historic tour of the city after a delicious breakfast. We wanted our mother to have the "New England Olde BnB Experience" and the Pheasant Hill came through with flying colors. It's the fantasy 100 year old mansion, with beautiful grounds, in perfect condition. I'll go back next year!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Pheasant Hill Inn when I came to Marblehead for my 50th high school reunion. The hosts, Nancy and Bill, were so relaxed and friendly they made me feel right at home. (My old family home was right down the hill from them.) They were very knowledgeable about the town and surrounding area and were happy to provide helpful sightseeing and dining tips and directions to the other out-of-town guests. They will also do anything they can in the way of supplying anything you may have forgotten to pack in order to make your stay as perfect as possible. The Inn is high on a hill above Riverside Beach, the end of the harbor, and although there is no huge panorama of the ocean or harbor, it enjoys the ocean breezes, salt air and faint sound of waves breaking on the sand--a delightful sound to lull you to sleep if your windows are open. The street dead-ends at a point over a beach and overlooking the causeway to the Neck, so there is absolutely no traffic to disturb you. The beautifully kept gardens and lawn enhance its peaceful setting. My suite was very comfortable and had what I think is the most comfortable bed I've ever had away from my own home. All amenities are provided including Wi-Fi. Nancy and Bill provide an expanded, very satisfying, delicious continental breakfast full of good nutrition to start your day. If you know you want to stay in Marblehead, make your reservations early as they only have three suites available--and as the word spreads, everyone will be wanting to stay here!

Room Tip: Not so much for choosing a room, but to elaborate on airport access (above)...Marblehead is north of Logan Airport, so there is no bridge or tunnel traffic to deal with. Depending on traffic, the drive takes about 35 minutes.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2014

Flew into Boston for a touring trip up the coast of Maine. Spent a couple of nights here at the beginning and end of our trip. About 40mins from Boston airport so very convenient. Very clean comfortable and peaceful. We slept well. Buffet breakfast of fruit/cereals, muffins breads etc. Help yourself tea/coffee etc whenever you want. Nan a very welcoming hostess and very knowledgeable about Marblehead and surrounding area. Interesting historic town to walk around and plenty of places to eat. Also visited Salem which was a bit of a disappointment but Nan did warn us…..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2014

As an extremely busy summer of business and vacation travel is coming to a close, I'm finally getting around to reviewing a great stay we had at the beginning of our summer. For the 4th time in a row, we've had a great experience at the Pheasant Hill Inn. We were there right after my son's graduation from prep school in New Hampshire, and needed a place to perch while visiting relatives on the North Shore. Nancy and Bill never fail to provide a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, starting the day with a great breakfast in the dining room overlooking the garden and ocean beyond. PH is convenient to attractions in Old Town Marblehead, and doubly convenient for us since it is near to my dad who lives nearby and my aunt who is also on the North Shore. This time, with my wife and four kids, we took both the lovely Garden Suite and the convenient Tree Tops, which together provided ample space. The Garden Suite's recently renovated bathroom with sliding door walk-in shower with rain forest showerhead is great, and the upstairs Tree Tops provides ample room for the teenage children and their own bathroom. If a good breakfast to start the day, clean and comfortable rooms to sleep, and gracious hospitality are what you're looking for, Pheasant Hill Inn is for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family