“Pheasant Hill Inn....”
Review of Pheasant Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Pheasant Hill Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Very nice accommodations and a perfect location for MARBLEHEAD and access to Cape Ann! Clean and the breakfast is wonderful too! NIce owners of the place... we will certainly consider staying here again .........

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We just returned from a relaxing and comfortable three night stay. The suite was very clean and the hosts' attention to detail was well appreciated. Breakfast was delicious and there was a little something special served every day. The location is very convenient to the beach and the village.
Thank you Nancy and Bill for welcoming us into your home!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2015

What a great find ! We were visiting Salem for Halloween and decided to stay in Marblehead for the week. Situated at the end of a very quiet, leafy lane - Nancy and Bill have a gorgeous place and they immediately made us feel welcome. The 'room' was bigger than my first flat - a large bedroom, nice clean bathroom and a lovely sitting room with an open fire (which we made use of !) and a balcony looking out onto the gardens. Its a haven of peace and quiet. You can walk into Marblehead itself from here (about 10 mins) so no need to take the car - and there are some nice little restaurants there. Salem is of course a few miles away but even that is walkable if you are so inclined - or you roll out of the witches ball at midnight when your chances of getting a cab are about the same as being hit by a meteor ! Nan's breakfast was fantastic and really set us up for the day. Thanks again Bill and Nancy ! (The Voodoo priest and priestess from the UK)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2014

I stayed there with three friends as we visited Salem for Halloween. I did not have a say in where we stayed, but I am so grateful my friend chose this establishment. Nancy and Bill were so welcoming and full of local knowledge and helpful advice for our exploration of both Salem and Marblehead. The rooms held everything you'd need and the breakfast we were offered was beyond what I expected. I hate waking up early, but I had no problem doing so for the spread Nancy put out for us. If you stay here, you will not regret it. Seriously, stay here. (Thanks again Nancy & Bill - The four witches from Wisconsin)

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 20 October 2014

We arrived at the Pheasant Hill Inn about 5 hours late due to airline delays. Nancy was waiting for us with a pleasant and welcoming smile. The Inn is in a beautiful white turn of the century house with nicely manicured gardens and lawn. We had booked the garden suite which was a very nice living room, spacious bedroom and attached bath. The room looked southeast toward the ocean. There was an outside sitting area, which if we had more time would have been a great place to relax with coffee or tea, or a glass of wine. I have said it before on TA that I am not usually a B&B type person, since I usually feel a little out of place around other guests. This certainly was not the case here and we chatted with other guests over nice breakfasts prepared by Nancy and her husband. Breakfast is srved at 8 AM, which wasn’t a problem since we had plans for each day. Our suite was very clean and relatively quiet, although we could hear other house activities early in the morning. Nancy is a wealth of information about the area. At least one other reviewer commented about the scant parking situation and I would have to agree. I am glad my rental car had a backup camera, especially at night. This B&B was a great start to our New England driving vacation. If we had the opportunity, we would stay here again and highly recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Several very different room styles. Check out their website.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim6918
Reviewed 17 October 2014

We arrived in Marblehead late on a windy evening with driving rain after fighting Boston traffic. The Pheasant Hill BnB welcomed us. The meticulous and gorgeous mansion offers suites-- 2 rooms with a private hallway and bathroom. Our suite had 2 sleeping rooms-- making this very affordable. Our gracious hostess set us on a very interesting historic tour of the city after a delicious breakfast. We wanted our mother to have the "New England Olde BnB Experience" and the Pheasant Hill came through with flying colors. It's the fantasy 100 year old mansion, with beautiful grounds, in perfect condition. I'll go back next year!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Pheasant Hill Inn when I came to Marblehead for my 50th high school reunion. The hosts, Nancy and Bill, were so relaxed and friendly they made me feel right at home. (My old family home was right down the hill from them.) They were very knowledgeable about the town and surrounding area and were happy to provide helpful sightseeing and dining tips and directions to the other out-of-town guests. They will also do anything they can in the way of supplying anything you may have forgotten to pack in order to make your stay as perfect as possible. The Inn is high on a hill above Riverside Beach, the end of the harbor, and although there is no huge panorama of the ocean or harbor, it enjoys the ocean breezes, salt air and faint sound of waves breaking on the sand--a delightful sound to lull you to sleep if your windows are open. The street dead-ends at a point over a beach and overlooking the causeway to the Neck, so there is absolutely no traffic to disturb you. The beautifully kept gardens and lawn enhance its peaceful setting. My suite was very comfortable and had what I think is the most comfortable bed I've ever had away from my own home. All amenities are provided including Wi-Fi. Nancy and Bill provide an expanded, very satisfying, delicious continental breakfast full of good nutrition to start your day. If you know you want to stay in Marblehead, make your reservations early as they only have three suites available--and as the word spreads, everyone will be wanting to stay here!

Room Tip: Not so much for choosing a room, but to elaborate on airport access (above)...Marblehead is north of...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
0.7 km away
4.4 km away
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Pheasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!