All reviews large hotel convention center restaurant staff breakfast buffet hockey tournament front desk staff new england bed was very comfortable plenty of parking business trip great experience conference webb jeff bw event facility
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend for a hockey tournament. This is the perfect hotel to stay if you are attending a tournament. The staff is absolutely amazing, everyone seemed happy to be there from front desk staff to servers in breakfast and supper restaurants. Most importantly they were patient and understanding with the many children staying there that needed to roam around and burn off energy. They gave us a room to use for our pizza party and when the pizza delivery guy forgot plates and napkins the staff were more than happy to get some for us! Security was also great and friendly to parents who were drinking in the lobby, they had no issue with it and were happy to come chat with us.

Hotel is a bit dated but you can see they are undergoing renovations and I look forward to seeing it when they are completed. That being said I hope that there are some plans for the pool area, I found it to be very dark and dingy (and quite small for such a large hotel).

The breakfast buffet was wonderful! Yummy, hot food and fresh fruit and muffins. Cannot say enough good things about the amazing staff in the breakfast area. We only ate one night in the restaurant but it was yummy. We had nachos and it was more than enough for two. My son ordered the spaghetti and meatballs which was a great portion size. My daughter wanted a grilled cheese but it wasn’t on the menu, when requested the server was more than happy to oblige. Again great service!

Very happy with this hotel, if you are looking for something fancy you may want to go elsewhere. But if you are looking for great service this is the right place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

We are glad that you and your team had a good experience at our hotel. Each member of our staff works hard to make sure everything you need is provided, from complimentary breakfast to paper plates for pizza parties. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in Marlborough again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay .
We rolled up at late at night without a booking after a long flight (from the Uk )and drive , the staff fitted us in with a smile and luckily the restaurant in the lobby was also open late until 11 , so we got the chance to eat delicious hearty American food .
Clean spacious room ... good wifi and bedding and tv channels!!
Good breakfast choices and lovely staff always attentive and helpful.
The hotel needs abit of a facelift in the lobby , but it has a heart.
Thanks we will stay again if visiting .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We’re glad you were able to find a comfortable place to spend the night after your long flight. Our staff works hard to make sure each guest’s stay runs smoothly and all needs are met. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Great hotel. Everyone I met who worked there was friendly and seemed happy to be there. I recall “big”John, “little” John, Renee, as well as the hostess in the restaurant Saturday night , and the breakfast buffet guy with an Eastern European accent (didn’t catch their names). All went above and beyond making sure things went smoothly and their guests were happy, They were all truly outstanding. Rooms were nice, breakfast buffet great. For what I spent on a room, I did not expect such a great experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

We are happy to hear you had an excellent stay at our hotel. Each member of our staff works hard to go above and beyond in making sure each guest’s stay is comfortable. We are proud to offer complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, along with ample storage space and modern amenities in each room. We appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Was a great weekend here, I can see the building was undergoing a remodel but our room looked brand new right down to the carpets. Was an easy check in by John very pleasant fellow.They had a great breakfast buffet. We did not eat dinner there but spend both nights in the bar with Mark the bartender he was great, very friendly and took care of us, asked about our day. Even helped us find dinner places close by. Like to come back after the remodel but would stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

I am glad you liked the parts of our hotel that has been remodeled, and we hope you have a chance to come see the rest of it when it is complete. I am very pleased to hear that all the staff was friendly and engaging. Our breakfast is a guest favorite, and I am glad you enjoyed it as well. Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

I was here for 2 nights with family attending a function for a family member that has been a priest for 50 years. I could see that they where doing updates , but the rooms looked new and very comfortable. We only had breakfast there and it was a good selection, we did not eat at the restaurant but did stop in the bar both nights. and was always greeted by Mark the bartender with a smile and a interest in our day. The crowed at the bar was mixed with some very odd and rude people dressed in leather vests. I'm guessing from to much to drink before they got there. but Mark apologized for there behavior and asked if there was anything else he could do. all and all a pleasant stay with an easy check in and out by the front desk

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family