“Best Mexican in the area”
Review of Mexico Lindo

Mexico Lindo
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Melrose
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I love Mexican food and this place is one of my favorites. Food is great, very authentic. Drinks are good and the atmosphere is nice. It is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant. Try the Mole California.

There are newer reviews for Mexico Lindo

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Mexico Lindo is one of my favorite restaurants in Melrose. It's very popular with the locals; it's always busy! The service is excellent and the waiters are very friendly. It's got a great festive atmosphere. The Margarita's hit the spot and the food is hot, delicious and of good value. if you bring the kids, they offer the regular chips and salsa for them, and the spicy salsa for you! I don't if they take reservations so be prepared to wait on a Friday or Saturday night - you can sip a Margarita at the bar while you wait.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I've been going there for years since I've moved to melrose . It was my mom and mine favorite place . Unfortunately with years for me the food has gone down hill . I don't know what happened but that rich flavor that we loved so much that used to have passion and love with each bite is gone . If my mother and I used to call each other and crave to go there now this is our destination no more . I would rather order pizza than go there . Also the place is not more filthy and not pleasant to eat . And we used to celebrate birthdays there ! Really sad . Two stars instead of one in honor of the memories we did have . Last visit was so disappointing that never will we go there again

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Recently went there for the first time after hearing good things about it . We had a party of five on a Friday night . The staff was friendly while we had a 25 min wait. Drinks at the bar were very good. Once we were seated at the table we enjoyed chips and salsa. Each one of us was thrilled with the food and service. It was GREAT. We will return again.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

My wife and I stopped in Mexico Lindo, after our tire burst and we had our car towed to Montvale Tire down the street (whom I recommend - they treated us nice, were quick, and did a good job). Anyway, while waiting for our car to be serviced, we walked downtown, which in Melrose is lined with different businesses and restaurants - very cute, and we stopped at Mexico Lindo - both of us being fans of Mexican food.

The colorful décor was cute - we liked the painted light fixtures and the carved chairs and booths. The menu had plenty to choose from, and the prices were ok. The wait staff was friendly and brought over water and chips/salsa.

The food was good. Nothing outstanding. Pretty average Mexican food. I can't say I would come back, but I don't regret eating there either. Really, it was average.