“GREAT Mexican food experience”
Review of Mexico Lindo

Mexico Lindo
Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Melrose
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 January 2017

I am by no means an expert on what would be considered 'authentic', I just know that I love 'mexican' food and this place was tops! The decor was great, the chips and salsa at the table are also great, and the food was perfectly filling.

I ordered a combination plate that came with a chile relleno and cheese enchilada, side of rice and beans. Both had flavors that were perfect, the rice and beans were a standard complement. Pal got a burrito, and he said they cooked it exactly how he enjoys them! All portions were huge and I left feeling uncomfortable stuffed, in a good way.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

They do not take reservations and we had 7 poeple, so we had to wait about 30 minutes, but it was worth it. The music was entertaining, the food was very good, the Margaritas were excellent and the services was remarkably good, especially considering the crowd.

Everyone agreed that it was a very good night.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I love Mexican food and this place is one of my favorites. Food is great, very authentic. Drinks are good and the atmosphere is nice. It is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant. Try the Mole California.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Mexico Lindo is one of my favorite restaurants in Melrose. It's very popular with the locals; it's always busy! The service is excellent and the waiters are very friendly. It's got a great festive atmosphere. The Margarita's hit the spot and the food is hot, delicious and of good value. if you bring the kids, they offer the regular chips and salsa for them, and the spicy salsa for you! I don't if they take reservations so be prepared to wait on a Friday or Saturday night - you can sip a Margarita at the bar while you wait.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I've been going there for years since I've moved to melrose . It was my mom and mine favorite place . Unfortunately with years for me the food has gone down hill . I don't know what happened but that rich flavor that we loved so much that used to have passion and love with each bite is gone . If my mother and I used to call each other and crave to go there now this is our destination no more . I would rather order pizza than go there . Also the place is not more filthy and not pleasant to eat . And we used to celebrate birthdays there ! Really sad . Two stars instead of one in honor of the memories we did have . Last visit was so disappointing that never will we go there again