“Nice pub in a small town”

The Irish Cottage Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Very nice Irish pub with a large selection of beers. Food options are also excellent and nice diversity. I tried the cod with asparagus and it was excellent. Friendly staff as well. Positively surprise for such a small town.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

We had a great breakfast this morning. My husband had Eggs & Hash (he said it is the best hash he has ever had). My daughter and I had Veggie Omletes with Hash browns, baked beans & toast. They also have Gluten Free bread and the server asks if it's allergy or preference. The food came out fast and hot. Service is fantastic from the moment you walk in the door until you walk out. Can't wait to go back for lunch. Enjoy!!

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Been here a few times, usually really good, not this time.

Started with guinness onion soup......not bad, not very hot.......nothing special.

Finally tried the fish and chips, fish was good, too bad it was on top of the fries making them soggy, but since they were already just lukewarm it matter I guess.

Wife had the special Irish dinner of turkey and ham. The ham was a small chunk of ham, and the turkey was oddly fatty? Never seen that before. It came with "gravy" which sadly was beef gravy - and most likely from a can based on the taste and consistency.

I will avoid these items in the future.......just a bad meal overall.

Reviewed January 13, 2017

Had a wonderful dinner this week at Irish Cottage. Food was wonderful with large portions and serve piping hot. Our server Gina was absolutely delightful and provided lots of helpful suggestions since they have such a large menu. I live in Maine and my mother lives in Central MA but this will certainly be on the list of 'meet-up' locations in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

I go with my girlfriends on Wednesdays, it's half price for breakfast every Weds. We get the healthy veggie omelet made w/egg beaters, fruit and an english muffin. Delicious! The waitstaff can be a little curt as they are extremely busy on these days. That's the only drawback of going the 1/2 price day.