“Hidden Gem! The View from the Road is Deceiving!”
Review of Norm's White Horse

Norm's White Horse
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Located along the Merrimack River, Norm's offers a really diverse menu when you consider you're almost 40 miles outside Boston. We stopped by on a recent Friday afternoon. We started with an excellent Scotch Egg. I had Lobster tacos while my spouse had the Baha haddock tacos both were excellent. The waitress was very accommodating to switch my sweet potato fries for regular fries. Beverages were kept topped up. The menu you is extensive with everything from steaks to pizza and all kinds of seafood. Other customers seemed to be enjoying their meals too. We'll be back soon to try some more items.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

If you like seafood chowder and scallops. Stop here!!! We loved it!!!!! You will not regret it.

When you arrive the outside looks very unassuming. But when you enter through the door and see the wooded lake lodge look... you know you are in the place.

Giving Norms White Horse, even though I did not see the Horse, 5 stars!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Norm's summer menu is out and like every year, Lobster is king. This is one of our local go-to places and we had to do the Lobster Roll and Taco's. They also have full Lobster dinners and steamers.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

One of our biggest challenges since moving to Haverhill from the foodie city of Portland, Maine is finding restaurants that don't make us want to run screaming. Yes, to this foodie, it really IS that bad! We chanced across Norm's last night. Don't let the simple surroundings fool you; someone that LOVES to cook is back in the kitchen just waiting to make you very happy. My dinner companion ordered the double lobster roll. At $34.00 (we didn't ask about price ahead of time...so, that's our fault!) I don't think you could do anything to it to make it feel like a good deal. I will say, the meat was tender and delicious with just a teensy bit too much mayo. I had the seared scallops that were perfectly prepared. I'm the only other person I know that can sear a scallop to my liking. Thank you, thank you....it was delightful....but...NO lemon? Perhaps just an oversite. I also had the sauteed spinach and again, it was perfect. Lightly sauteed with just the right amount of garlic. I could have eaten an entire plate of it. I can see this would be a fun place to hang with your friends. Don't choose Norm's for a date when you want to impress your companion with great ambiance, but go there for the great food.

1  Thank lesliecottrells
Reviewed April 1, 2017

Chicken barbeque sandwiches, a local sandwich, is delicious. Made the old fashioned way. Also the other meals were very good. Nice atmosphere on the river andlow priced. Specials seem very good also. Nice wait staff.

Been to Norm's White Horse? Share your experiences!