“Hidden Gem- Good food and easy seating on a Saturday in the Summer”
Review of 88 Wharf

88 Wharf
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Milton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Transit: Milton stop on the MBTA Red Line stops across the street.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Very nice, upscale atmosphere with an incredible view of the river and marina. We were here for the summer, Mexican menu offerings. It was so nice to receive complimentary chips and salsa. Since the place was practically empty, our service was fabulous. We ordered the tuna ceviche and guacamole to start. The ceviche had a nice flavor and the extra crunch from the cucumber was nice. Not a lot of tuna for the $14 however. The guacamole was served in a large molcajete and was tasty but again, pricey at $13. The entrees were more appropriately priced. We had the lobster tacos and the Ancho chili glazed salmon. The tacos were large and yummy with tons of lobster for $27. The Ancho chili glazed salmon was delicious with a crunchy crust seared on the fish served with a creamy tomatillo sauce, so good, and a pineapple mango salsa. I just wish there had been a bit more salsa. It was wonderful and priced at $24. I would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

88 Wharf switched to a Mexican theme back in early spring and got off to a rocky start - with both some good meals and as many not so good meals. But we have been here twice in the last two weeks with family and both times have been excellent. The guacamole, the camarones, chili relenos, burger and and the house salad were all quite good. Tonight we sat on the patio - really lovely. If you haven't tried it, or did and rejected it, try again.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Just finished a very mediocre dinner on a slow evening. The waitress was lovely but the food and Margaritas were just OK. This place needs to convert it's atmosphere into a little bit more of an authentic Mexican vibe.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

After some "not-so-great" experiences at 88 Wharf, the new concept/theme of Azul, i.e., Mexican, is a breath of fresh air.
Service was friendly and quick; the bartender (Brian) made me his "special" margarita, and it was one of the best I've ever had.
Tried the chorizo/cheese dip app; yummy. Will have it again.
Can't comment on the rest of the food offerings, but the guacamole app and every other dish that came out of the kitchen looked fresh and tasty.
Nice to see the bar busy there.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I love the food at Wharf 88 and this time the chef tried a Mexican flavor. It was a success, very delicious. We’ve been here before and loved it but, this time with the new flavor it was outstanding. Now I call it the “former wait staff curse”, you notice things and they irk you. The service was the worst. We sat down and order drinks, and the waiter, Jed, came back with chips and salsa, we gave him our order and he went away. The appetizers were about to arrive before they brought the drinks. I told them to take the appetizers away, we didn’t get out drinks. I also told the old gentleman bring the appetizers we want fresh ones, not reheated (we got the reheated ones, the bottom was hot, but the sides were cool, microwaved.) We wanted another drink, our waiter, Jed, never came back, so I went to the bar to order them. The bartender was a sweetie; he brought them over to our table for us. We got our dinner but, mine came with plantains, when I asked our waiter, Jed, he told me he only had two hands. I got up and asked for the Manager, who turned out to be the old man, who brought our appetizers, and he told me he was short staffed. He told me that Jed was waiting on 12 tables (there were only 12 tables with patrons and there was another server), I didn’t need to dismissed by a surly manager. It’s Valentine’s Day, I didn’t come to this restaurant to feel sorry for them and dismiss the bad service. It’s too bad, this is a great spot, with delicious food, but bad service, in an area with so many good restaurants, can kill this kind of place. I’m giving this one star because of the old surly manager.

1  Thank FLUFFY852