“Birthday brunch”

The Plate
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I love the food at The Plate and the young man who waited on us was very friendly and helpful. FYI You order your food at the counter and someone brings it to your table.
The atmosphere is casual yet sophisticated. The food is very delicious but the selection is very limited. I wish there were more choices....

Reviewed August 8, 2017

The Plate has one of the best lunchtime splurges ever. The Chicken with fig Panini is mouthwateringly good. All ingredients are fresh and flavorful. The staff is helpful and friendly. The restaurant is clean and well organized. Love it.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

the food is fresh, but a recent change forces you to have egg in everything you order. the coffee if fair. this place could be so much better

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I love this place. The owner is completely committed to this restaurant. The food is out of this world. I have been trying to make my way through the entire menu. Tea, sandwiches, cakes coconut omg , bacon, potatoes fries, soups, dinners, mac and cheese, cinnamon donuts...... I could go on all day. Enjoy your visit, it is worth it.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

The benchmark for a comparison might be McDonalds: a $1 coffee and a $3 sausage egg McMuffin.

The Plate came to $10.54. Using my iPhone app, a comparable meal at McD's would come to about $4. McDonalds is fast; The Plate in Milton MA is very slow. The coffee cups at McDonalds are great The coffee cups at The Plate (Solo Brand) leak. When I asked the server to mount the coffee cover - she spilled coffee all over the place.

The Bacon egg-cheese "artisinal roll" sandwich was very expensive. I really think that The Plate might rethink the "one egg" and $2 for an extra egg pricing policy? The sandwich was smokey and a little greasy. Not bad: just expensive and dangerous to eat if you are dressed up (as I was - for a school reunion)

One final comment: the coffee at The Plate was "thick" I can only compare it to sweetened Turkish Coffee. It almost seemed that you could stand the stirrer stick up in the coffee. This is not bad: just different. I was not ready that morning for coffee as a "meal in itself".

The Plate is worth the visit: the no-tip policy is interesting. The local Saturday morning traffic in an out was voluminous and attractive.

So The Plate is going to be around for a while. A cleaner neater coffee in cups that work with a little less grease on the bacon-egg sandwich will encourage my return

1  Thank alastminutedeal

Been to The Plate? Share your experiences!