“Convenient, welcoming.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed here several times and always try to get a place here when I go to the area. The proprietors are kind, welcoming, and well organized, and the B&B is within walking distance of Newton Center and the public transportation station. The rooms are a good value and the homemade bread for breakfast is outstanding!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler1155

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Located close to Newton Center this very nice Bed and Breakfast was the perfect place for attending a workshop there. The breakfast consisted of greek yoghurt, tea, fresh fruit and berries, juice and bread -- a healthy and good start to the day. The room was quiet, and I slept very well. But most of all the service and personal warmth of the owners is beyond words; this is a place I would like to come back to as often as possible. My very best recommendations.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Espen F
Reviewed 1 February 2012

A warm and welcoming home in a classic neighbourhood.
Jim and Patti are delightful, attentive hosts. They took receipt
of luggage I had to ship ahead, and held on to it for a month
before my arrival. The perfect location just a few blocks from
Newton Centre, transportation, restaurants, and the very
beautiful Crystal Lake.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 415__traveller__415
Reviewed 26 January 2012

For our inaugural one-week trip to Boston, we stayed at Park Lane B&B, which was the perfect decision. Welcoming and genuine, Jim and Patti provided high-quality hospitality including a healthy, delicious breakfast each morning (plus a perfect performance of "O Canada"), comfortable rooms with all the necessary amenities, and excellent suggestions for experiencing (and tasting!) the best of Boston. As Boston newbies, we definitely would have missed out on a couple of must-see sites if it weren't for Patti & Jim's recommendations. Park Lane B&B is in a beautiful neighbourhood, perfect for late-night strolls, and conveniently located near Newton Centre for quick and easy access to the T. Our overall experience at Park Lane truly added value to our Boston vacation and we look forward to returning (and the next quiz!).
Jenn & Steve

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Wir waren im Oktober 2011 für eine Woche bei Patty und Jim zu Gast. Es hat uns sehr gut gefallen und dank der überaus netten Beratung von Jim haben wir Ort in Boston besucht, welche wir alleine nie gefunden hätten (Fragt nach dem Bücherladen). Einmaliges Frühstück, sehr sauber, nette Zimmer, etwas steile Treppe in den obersten Stock. Das B&B liegt in einem ruhigen Quartier mit der T-Line etwa 30 Minuten vom Stadtzentrum entfernt. Fussmarsch zur T-Line gemütlich 15 Minuten. Wir können das B&B von Herzen weiter empfehlen.

We visited Patty and Jim for a week in October 2011. We liked their place very much and thanks to all their nice recommendations we visited places we otherwise wouldn't have known of (ask for the library). They serve a rich, freshly prepared breakfast, the rooms and the house is very well kept and clean. This B&B is located in quiet area. We often used the T-Line to get to center of Boston. It takes you about 30 minutes. The station of the T-Line is in walking distance. We had a really good time in Boston and can recommend this B&B warmly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Park Lane was a perfect resting place for my weeklong retreat nearby. My room was comfortable, clean, and roomy. The wifi was reliable. I felt my privacy protected even with 3 other guests staying in the house. Breakfasts included coffee, fruit, cereals, hard boiled eggs, cheese and often Jim's fresh baked breads.

Mostly, it was the hosts who made my stay so pleasant. Patty & Jim we friendly and warm and sensitive to my needs. If you stay here - ask Jim to wear the jeans he wore to woodstock! Priceless.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at Park Lane while on a two-week research trip to Boston - and loved every minute of my time there. Patti and Jim were wonderful hosts; kind, considerate and thoroughly welcoming. Breakfast was delicious (they were even able to accommodate my dairy allergy) and it was wonderful to get their advice on my plans for the day/places to visit in Newton Center/etc. They were quick to make me feel at home in an unfamiliar city.

My room was clean and extremely comfortable - quite lovely - with cable and easy access to wi-fi, and the shared bathroom was always immaculate. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and cozy (and very safe) and perfect for late-afternoon strolls. The walk to the T station (green line, riverside) was quick and easy. Newton Centre offered lots of dining options to choose from -- and when in doubt, Jim and Patti were always willing to provide advice about places that I might like.

In short, staying here was fabulous and I can't wait to return.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Katie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
4.9 km away
2.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
0.9 km away
Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast

Been to Park Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!