“This place has gone down hill.”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 283 Restaurants in Newton
Reviewed June 5, 2018

So disappointed in the direction of this place. We have been going here for over a year. Last week the salad came long after the meal was delivered, two of us got pizza's long after that, the drinks were weak. We paid $85 for 2 pizzas and some drinks. So not worth it. Because a General Mgr. was visiting they measured the drinks. You could hardly taste the liquor and my friend said her white russian was missing Kahlua, so they gave her a shot and charged her $5 for it. Everyone was in a bad mood and the kitchen was totally screwed up. We used to go there twice a week...not into it anymore :(

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Burnt edges are good on a brick oven pizza,
You either love it or not. It’s great the flavors are overwhelming, meatballs are out of this world, wings are plain looking, but very tasty , lots of beer, wine and Liquor choices. Outdoor seating is a plus.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We were enticed by the coal fire pizza and that’s all it took! Yummy! We did carry out because wait was too long .... Thursday night! They gave a nice waiting area!

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I opted to pick up our son from college for the afternoon and bring him out to lunch. We stopped at Anthony's upon reading reviews. An immediate nice gesture was when the gentleman opened the door for us, and again opened the door on our exit. We were seated immediately and our server was friendly, kind, and willing to answer questions happily. The pizza was thin crust and cooked to perfection. My son had the sausage and I had the square margarita. As a result of not being able to have gluten, my wife had the eggplant sandwich without the bread. She did enjoy the eggplant. The restaurant was clean, upbeat, and the service fast. I will be back.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Paula, the best bartender, wasn't working last night. The guy bartending was SO slow - he gave everyone their beer and wine and didn't give me my drink til everyone was almost finished with theirs The waitress asked him FOUR times for my drink and I even went up to him once and asked for it. The roast beef was way overdone and I gave mine to my dogs. The focaccia bread was so overly spiced with salt and pepper that it was inedible. If you're not going there for pizza, you might as well forget it. We used to go here every Friday night but we're tired of their limited menu. If it weren't for Paula, we probably wouldn't go back

Been to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!