“It’s Changed.”

Tartufo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tartufo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 285 Restaurants in Newton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Conveniently located on the Green line, D line, Newton Center stop
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

This was a go to restaurant in area. Service is good. But pasta was a big disappointment. I ordered the bolagnse and there was no pasta, just sauce. In true Italian style, there is not a significant amount of sauce with pasta. I ate the pasta and there was at least a 1/2 cup of sauce on plate. My husband had a linguine and it also had too much sauce. The pours for a glass of wine are very small. The grilled calamari was very good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Tartufo’s delivered a very good italian dinner that fit our craving for an authentic italian meal. We are here often in Newton, MA for frequent college weekend visits and we needed to find an italian restaurant that matches our standards in New York, if not close.
Tartufo’s is intriguingly tucked in a nice side street visible from beacon street and it made the discovery more desirable.
The staff was warm and the maitre d’ was and is consistently inviting on the phone and upon arrival. We were late for our reservation due to a late finish of our sporting event at the university and yet, she still accommodated us with a warm welcome upon our late arrival. As expected, the restaurant place was packed yet they held the table I requested for.
I have visited twice and each time, I was attended to by nice and knowledgeable professional waiters. My family was pleased with the menu and the specials. The food was prepared well and most importantly everything tasted just right. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Warm and enjoyable atmosphere. Food is always good quality and quantity. Full bar and the house wine which is placed on the table is very good. It is an energetic atmosphere. Service is good as well.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Visiting my daughter at BC for an event and needed to find a local place for a quick dinner. So we went to Tartufo and was mostly pleased. It was a lively place and was mostly full by the time we arrived for our 5:30 reservation. We were seated quickly and drink orders taken promptly. We had the Warm Mozzarella & Prosciutto appetizer which was very good and the Eggplant Rollettini (their spelling) which was also good. The issue was we were in for a quick dinner and it took over 20 minutes to get our appetizers, but they were good. For dinner we had the Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Parm and the Pappardelle Carbonara which were all very good. Good local place if you’re in the area.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

this place is a joke. “bob” our server felt the need to mention to my parents that i spent 5 hours at the bar the last time i was there; which is just blatantly false. how stupid / unprofessional can you be as a waiter? it was my 25th birthday and my parents wanted to take me out to a nice dinner. just to be super clear, this incident happened on september 15th 2018, and our waiter was named bob. and my server felt the need to call me out (falsely) in front of my parents? for no reason? even though i left him a nice tip when i was there one year earlier? great management by Dante, who offered us a gift card, which we refused. good work tartufo!