“Great location and service”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 283 Restaurants in Newton
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come to BRIO Tuscan Grille at Chestnut Hill Square, across from Chestnut Hill Mall, serving the best Italian recipes cooked by our chefs. Our menu offers Italian food ranging from grilled specialties, pasta dishes, traditional Italian deserts and drinks. Come join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille at Chestnut Hill Square. Buon Appetito! Join us BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I reviewed this place a couple of years ago when we had beef carpaccio for lunch however this time we went here with five friends for dinner. Again we ordered carpaccio appetizers (3 of us). It was really spectacular, great presentation. We also ordered calamari fritto and lobster bisque which were ok. My son ordered pizza from kids menu which he liked. My wife had brio chopped salad as an entree and I had shrimp and lobster fettucine. The portions were big. Our friends ordered grilled pork chops and ravioli and everything was delightful. We ordered a bottle of Rutherford Hill Merlot which was a good match with the food. Our friends also ordered savignon blanc and sam adams which they enjoyed. The place was full with two special events taking place on one side. We had a reservation however were seated 15-20 minutes late. The nice thing about the wait is that they bring out flatbread pizza to tame hungry patrons. The service was good. The check-in service was average.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Four of us chose this restaurant based on the excellent reviews from several friends. We were not disappointed. The dining room is large, comfortable, attractive with good space between tables.The food was wonderful. Each of us ordered different entres, and we all were more than satisfied with our choices. Two of us had different fish dishes prepared so well I thought my husband was going to pick up his plate and lick it clean. Our friends chose two different chicken dishes which they also loved. But here is a warning: LEAVE SPACE FOR DESERT!!! Our only complaint is that the room got quite noisy as it filled up so that we had a hard time hearing each other toward the end of our meal. So, not perfect but very close.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

I have been to this restaurant about 10 times since it first opened and I have been pleased with my meal every time. I usually get the Salmon Fresca or the shrimp and crab cakes. I have yet to try any of their Italian dishes. I decided to try something a little different last night and I tried the salmon that basically had a shrimp and crab cake sitting on top of it. I now feel this will be my new go to dish for it truly combines two of my favorites. One of my friends who was with me last night, it was her first time at the restaurant and she was pleased with her Mediterranean shrimp and my other friend enjoyed her Salmon Fresco. The restaurant is very pretty and I always feel very relaxed when dining there.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

We arrived for a 6 pm reservation on a Sunday night and the restaurant was mostly empty. After we were seated the place began to fill up. We waited for 20 minutes with no server appearing, even as tables on either side of us were having orders taken. I took out my cell phone and called the restaurant, asking them to send a server to our table. An apologetic manager (Meki)soon appeared along with a server. They got us set up and our order in, and the manager ultimately comped our deserts ($15 value).

The food itself was well prepared and tasty, with fresh ingredients. I had the Ceasar salad, linguini with shrimp and lobster, and chocolate cake. The items were all solid hits, although not particularly remarkable. This is well done Italian fare from a large national chain that manages its menus well. I'll probably come back.
Despite the rocky start they did their best to make up for it.

Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

Well, finally made it out here to eat. What a delightful meal and atmosphere here. My fiancé and I split the Applewood bacon and font in a burger and the spicy chicken and bacon panning which were both fantastic. Normally dessert would not have been had but they bring a plate of the dessert choices to the table making it difficult to say no as reading about them and actually seeing them is completely different. That being said we had the creme Brule and a chocolate lava cake.....YUMMY! Don't miss out on this gem.