“Nice restaurant”

Novatos Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: While Novatos Bar and Grill is a new venture for us, the restaurant business certainly isn't. My wife and I have both been working in the food service industry since we were children, and we have brought our experience and expertise to bear on every facet of our new venture. We offer American cuisine with a south american twist.
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Service here was great. The Portuguese clams were great as well as the Greek Salad. The salmon was great. The Portuguese Stew was good, but lacked seasoning and the mussels were not the freshest. The kids liked the pizza and pasta. Would go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank C3650SCjimd

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Went there for my birthday with my husband. I had ordered the fish tacos. My meal meal was absolutely delicious and the prices are fantastic. They serve a lot of seafood dishes which are also very reasonably priced for seafood. The service was great and I like that they have a fried dough item on their menu which donates the proceeds to a local charity. It's nice how they give back to the community. I would highly recommend this place. The food is great, prices are great, atmosphere is great and the service is fantastic.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Karmen L
Reviewed June 16, 2018

The food and staff were terrific. The atmosphere was very laid back but the cuisine was top notch. The pricing is very reasonable and there is something for everyone. My wife and I are looking forward to going again and trying out the items we could not decide between.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Wrightaway00
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner on 04/26/2018 and had a terrific dining experience. We have eaten in this restaurant several times under prior ownerships. This is our first experience with the current owner. My dinner companion had a 1/2 Greek Salad and Brazilian Stew. These were described as excellent. I had a Caesar Salad and the Firecracker Scallops. Both of our meals were of very generous proportions and were outstanding! Dessert was a shared, luscious Brownie Sundae . . . A delightful finish for our dinners. Our waitress, Sophia, was prompt, friendly and attentive to our needs. The prices were quite reasonable. Our only criticism for this restaurant involves the acoustics. The room has little in the way of sound absorbers, and the reflected sounds take away from the ambience of an otherwise wonderful experience. However, I am sure we will be back again soon!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank nooloo39
Reviewed April 2, 2018

If you're looking for that special seafood restaurant without the high prices, then this is the place for you. Fantastic specials, great service and a very professional and friendly staff. We ended up visiting Novatos twice this past week. And we'll be visiting a lot more.

Date of visit: March 2018