“Great Early Bird Menu”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered the fish and chips which was a tasty piece of Haddock which was 8-9 inches long sitting on a plate of french fries along with cole slaw and tarter sauce. It was a filling meal. Fries were OK. My husband ordered a special also on the early bird menu which was a Turkey dinner. It had 2 large pieces of turkey that sat on stuffing covered with gravy along with squash and mashed potatoes. Very filling and tasty also. It also included hot rolls with butter, salad, a soft drink or coffee, tea and desert.He had the heated grapenut pudding which was good and I had the vanilla ice cream nut roll with cherry sauce. OK All in all I will be going back and looking forward to trying out other dinners there!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous creative solid food, ample portions, unbelievably reasonable prices, and helpful, accommodating and wonderful service in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Dependable 5 star enjoyable dining. Don’t miss it!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I have been living in Norfolk for 25 plus years, but I have been coming to the Horse and Carrige for as long as I remember. My Wife's Garandmother's favorite restaurant, whenever we had the chance we wouldtake her out to lunch or an early dinner here.We continue that tradition with my in-laws. Food is always perfectly done, atmoshere is pure comfort. Staff is always on their game. Highly recommend this great local restaurant. Shop/eat local!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank chrispM1640OZ
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We have gone to this restaurant many, many times over the last 45 years and have never been disappointed. The quality of the food is always consistently good, especially the fish is always fresh. The service staff is very attentive and pleasant and the hostess, Natasha, makes you feel at home. She always has a smile on her face.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed August 16, 2018

One of our "go-to" places when visiting relatives in the area. The servers are always attentive and the meals are excellent. Never rushed and a good place to visit over a meal. Respectable, simple and consistently a quality meal. Warm, comfortable atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2018