“Terrible place to stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Northborough
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible place to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2005

When I first stayed at this house, it was a couple years ago and was called Travelodge. At that visit, I had a great time. Rooms were clean and staff was very supportive. Rates were inexpensive too. The second visit was this past February 2005. I found out the hotel was under new management and the name changed to Econolodge Inn & Suites. I booked my room a few months in advance for my weeklong business trip. When I arrived the hotel, the staff told me they didn’t have my room booked. I showed them my confirmation, but they had no room booked. Instead of putting me in the room I requested, they put me into a smoking room with handicap accessible. I was not pleased because I’m not handicapped and do not smoke. The room stunk of smoke and the heat did not work well. I froze the first night, even after complaining to them about the conditions. I felt they didn’t want me there, but only wanted my money. The hotel wasn’t 100% booked because the parking lot was over 75% empty. I asked for a different room, but they wouldn’t make the change. They said that since they didn’t have me booked, they couldn’t move me to a different room. That made no sense and I’ve never experienced such a horrible time with hotel staff in my life before this visit. I certainly didn’t experience this from the last hotel staff when it was Travelodge. When it was Travelodge, that management did a complete makeover on the hotel. They changed it into a newer hotel. What happened during the process of the new ownership, I have no idea. Besides the problems with the lack of heat in the room and the smoke smell in the new hotel, but the room was filthy. The toilets were disgusting and looked as if the place had been uncared for many years. There was grime and mold along the tub and sink. It was disgusting to stay there. I could only bear two days of that place then found another hotel in the area that was much cleaner and more affordable. The Econo Lodge also jacked up their prices from before they were Travelodge. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I have stayed at other Econo Lodges and never experienced anything like this before.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northborough
7.9 km away
8.3 km away
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
10.7 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!