“Nothing Special ”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Norwell
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 53
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times and the food has always been good. Stopped for lunch. Bread and dipping oil was good as usual; the rest of my meal was pretty bland. I had a special beer battered fish sandwich with fries and coleslaw. There didn't appear to be any seasoning on either the fish or the coleslaw. I realize haddock is a mild fish, but a couple of spices would have added a little something extra. The homemade tartar sauce was very thin, very few pickles, and again no taste. The restaurant wasn't crowded and there seemed to be plenty of servers, but service was very slow and my server was not very attentive. For $14 I expected more from this lunch. Very disappointed!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

We hadn't been to NYAJ for a while since our last visit was disappointing. We didn't write a review at the time because we sensed the restaurant was experiencing some problems...maybe staffing issues. To be fair, NYAJ compensated us for the poor offerings.
But, that was then and this is now. Our most recent experience was a vast improvement. Our server, Susan was exceptional...very friendly and more than accommodating. ..We were celebrating birthdays and she added to the celebration of the occasion. The food and drinks were terrific. We like how the menu changes for the season...the special Octoberfest menu selections were appealing. So, to NYAJ's of Norwell... "Welcome back"... We look forward to returning again soon.

1  Thank ThinkingOutLoud
Reviewed September 19, 2017

A group of four of us visited this location to celebrate a birthday. My partner and I have birthdays fairly close together. My friends birthday coupon had expired 3 days prior. We were not looking to try use it anyway but it was mentioned in casual conversation how my spouse let his lapse. Our lovely server Susan insisted we use it anyway as "Joe is pretty liberal" with the birthday celebrations. She added that Joe's just wants us to have a good time. My spouse and I took advantage of the Okterfest menu. I enjoyed the pork schnitzel and my friend enjoyed his sauerbraten. Two others had the steak tips and deemed them very good. Staying with the Oktoberfest theme we shared a dessert of warn apple sticks served with ice cream. Very good. Service was excellent.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Michael or Rosey will take really good care of you at the bar. I am gluten free and they make me whatever I want in any combination.

1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I came with co-workers to dinner and the place is decent, clean, friendly staff and nice outdoor seating. The food was very disappointing. I had the Ahi Tuna Steak with asparagus. Both the tuna and asparagus were overcooked on the grill, all I could taste was char. My co-worker had the Ramen noodles dish with and half the noodles were not even cooked and way too much fat on the pork belly. If a cook can not make a college staple like ramen noodles, that is a sad statement. Plus side our salads were good and the bread/oil they bring to the table is fantastic, however that is not enough of a draw to get me back in the door.

Been to Not Your Average Joe's? Share your experiences!