“An “off” evening...”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Norwell
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 53
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We typically enjoy NYAJ’s but this evening was a disappointment. I ordered the large pork chop with arugula and risotto. The risotto and arugula were sparse. The chop was huge and dominated the plate. However, it was a little under-cooked. I should have sent it pack. But, the place was busy and we had been waiting awhile for our orders to arrive. My companion’s dish was satisfactory.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Out with colleges for lunch, this place is a good choice.

The food are fresh and very tasty. The serving are quick - perfect for business lunch.

The complimentary bread with garlic oil is a very good appetizer- almost addictive.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

I signed up for a wine pairing dinner and enticed a friend to come along. Good thing I did because if I had tried to tell people that I just had 5 delicious small plates of food, paired with some very nice wines and served by an EXCELLENT staff for $34.99, no one would believe me.
I'll admit to being a bit of a food and an even bigger wine snob but I would have to say this was a truly delightful culinary evening.
From the goat cheese & beet salad with spice scented poached pears, the butternut & ricotta filled cannelloni, the cod with yummy spinach, chorizo & beans, the (pièce de résistance in my estimate) duck breast over creamy polenta with crispy prosciutto & artichoke heart (definitely should be a permanent menu item) ending with a perfectly prepared profiterole filled with praline ice cream & splashed with decadent chocolate sauce & accompanied by an artfully prepared mini expresso martini. How much better can it get? Well, each plate was accompanied by a lovely wine selection that ranged from Prosecco, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, a hearty red Zinfandel and the aforementioned martini respectively. Couple all this with the wonderful & knowledgeable service from our waiter, Zach and the other wait staff and there were BRAVOS all around from the 20+ guests here this evening. A special shout out to the shy chef who opted not to come to the table to accept our grateful thanks but instead sent his back to us via Zach. Nice touch!
Sign up for the NYAJ's mailing list. Not only will you get a notification for events of this kind, you get a very generous dining coupon on your birthday. Win-win folks :)

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times and the food has always been good. Stopped for lunch. Bread and dipping oil was good as usual; the rest of my meal was pretty bland. I had a special beer battered fish sandwich with fries and coleslaw. There didn't appear to be any seasoning on either the fish or the coleslaw. I realize haddock is a mild fish, but a couple of spices would have added a little something extra. The homemade tartar sauce was very thin, very few pickles, and again no taste. The restaurant wasn't crowded and there seemed to be plenty of servers, but service was very slow and my server was not very attentive. For $14 I expected more from this lunch. Very disappointed!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

We hadn't been to NYAJ for a while since our last visit was disappointing. We didn't write a review at the time because we sensed the restaurant was experiencing some problems...maybe staffing issues. To be fair, NYAJ compensated us for the poor offerings.
But, that was then and this is now. Our most recent experience was a vast improvement. Our server, Susan was exceptional...very friendly and more than accommodating. ..We were celebrating birthdays and she added to the celebration of the occasion. The food and drinks were terrific. We like how the menu changes for the season...the special Octoberfest menu selections were appealing. So, to NYAJ's of Norwell... "Welcome back"... We look forward to returning again soon.

1  Thank ThinkingOutLoud

Been to Not Your Average Joe's? Share your experiences!