“Terrible for take out”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Norwell
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 53
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Although the food is decent, they cannot get it together for take out. The order is inevitably wrong, not ready in arrival, and the worst—never given to the kitchen to prepare. I’ve actually stopped going here due to my high level of frustration. They are always apologetic—offering gift cards for another visit, but not worth it, even if it’s free.

Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Hi Linda,
I am sorry to hear that you have had such terrible takeout experience. I'd like to be able to share some specifics with the General Manager and try to make things right for you so I am hoping you will contact me directly at guestrelations@nyajoes.com.
Thanks,
Jimmie

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Went here for a business lunch and it was great as always. Consistently good food. Wide range of choices and the 5 of us had a little of everything from steak tips to fish to soup & salad. Empty plates all around.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

stopped by after the Norwell theater for dinner. wife order the jambalaya, a saute mix of onion and pepper with sausage and chicken (no shrimp-she don't eat seafood) in a brown gravy poured over white rice. said it was ok. I had the chowder and the herb crusted haddock with rice and Brussel sprouts. both was ok, fish was thin in thickness about 4inch wide and because there was another piece it was 5inch long. not knowing whether the two pieces belong as a or two filets. if it was two filets then I never seen haddock that small and more like tilapia. wife also had the flourless chocolate torte. the best part of the meal was the fresh bread and oil. over all, just average.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

My Mother-In-Law gave us tickets to see a show at the Norwell Community theater recently so I went on Trip Advisor to find near by restaurants to have a pre show dinner.
I settled on Not Your Average Joe's. We had never eaten at this chain before and liked the fact that they took reservations. Things did not start well when we first arrived. Even though we had made reservations prior we were seated at a two top table directly behind the hostess area, and in view of the front door. This was further compounded by the very wobbly table we were left with. I called for the manager as he walked by after seating us and asked to be seated at another table, reporting the table problem to him as the reason. He immediately took us to a nice booth away from the front door. Once seated, things improved rapidly. Cocktails ordered from the bar menu were delicious, mine particularly so, a take on an Old Fashioned with a touch of Maple syrup. Wife started off with their Ahi Tuna Won Tons. According to her "the best she has ever eaten". Perfectly prepared tuna slices on crispy fried Won Tons. I went with the Wedge salad with was very good as well. Not slathered with dressing like many restaurants make the mistake in doing.
I settled on the grilled steak tips for my entree, perfectly prepared medium, that came with simple home made mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans. Only complaint here was green beans could have been cooked longer, they bordered on raw. Wife ordered their 4 cheese pasta dish that she loved, only complaint was it was a tad over baked but she loved it all the same. Dessert was their take on sticky toffee cake with ice cream which we split, delicious. We also ordered our favorite wine with dinner, St. Michele Reisling. Over all, a very good meal. Server was excellent as well, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about the serving sizes and menu items.
And the restaurant is a 5 minute drive from the theater, right off of Rte 3. Extremely convenient.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We typically enjoy NYAJ’s but this evening was a disappointment. I ordered the large pork chop with arugula and risotto. The risotto and arugula were sparse. The chop was huge and dominated the plate. However, it was a little under-cooked. I should have sent it pack. But, the place was busy and we had been waiting awhile for our orders to arrive. My companion’s dish was satisfactory.

Been to Not Your Average Joe's? Share your experiences!