All reviews basketball court full kitchen gillette stadium free dinner sales manager patriots game studio room kids loved the pool nice shower yogurt indoor pool minute drive marriott properties thin walls hot tub every morning breakfast included
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The room was spacious enough with a full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and 2 burner cooktop. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Complimentary breakfast was not huge but more than enough. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
katie t, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

GKbuff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Norwood.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

My family and I stayed here for three nights this week. As usual, let's go Pros and Cons.

Pros
1. Room Space: As custom for Residence Inn properties, the rooms have an ample amount of space. This is important when traveling with a family. We reserved a two-bedroom/two bathroom suite with a full kitchen. The five of us had plenty of space and the kitchen allowed us to save money by not having to eat out for two of our three nights.
2. Free Parking: 'Nuff said.
3. Location: The property is about 30 minutes (no traffic) from Boston (to the north) and Providence, RI (to the south). Walmart (less than 10 minutes away), Chipotle (3 minutes away), and I-95 are all close by. For NFL fans, Gillette Stadium (home of the Patriots) is about 15 minutes away.

Cons
1. Common Area Cleanliness: I needed to do laundry twice during our trip and the laundry room had clothes - dirty and apparently cleaned/dried - strewn throughout for our entire time here. A used Pepsi can sat on a table outside the second floor elevator for the three nights we were there, i.e., hotel staff walked by it multiple times without removing it. Some vomit appeared on the second floor hallway near our room and it wasn't until we brought it to the front desk's attention that it was cleaned. Our room had a sticky substance on the kitchen floor that should have been cleaned/mopped. The elevator floor was dirty/crumb filled during our entire stay. I don't understand how and why housekeeping and/or other hotel staff would allow this for multiple consecutive days without addressing it/cleaning it. Terrible.
2. Breakfast Kitchen "Warden": The kitchen "warden" (a middle-aged Asian man) was extremely rude and mean to guests during breakfast. One morning, I walked into the dining area to see what was available, and before I even looked at him, he yelled at me some indecipherable, "flaejkaifafdlafkafkdf, EGGS!" I looked at him and thought to myself, "Man, I wasn't even looking at the eggs nor you, what is your problem?" He yelled "Just give me a minute!" at another couple about 10 minutes later. Dear Residence Inn management, you may want to address this gentleman and send him to a hospitality/basic manners course. He was the talk of several of us hotel guests one of those mornings. There's no excuse for that attitude, especially first thing in the morning and when one works in the hospitality industry.
3. Thin Walls: The walls are so thin, we could hear one of our neighbors (poorly) singing at 11:30 on one night and another suffering from a coughing attack at midnight another.

Overall: For our next trip to the Boston area, we're likely going to sacrifice the extra space to stay closer to or in downtown Boston. The cleanliness of some of the common areas and attitude of some of the staff was a turnoff.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TDG65

TDG56,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay. While we are delighted to hear about some of your stay was pleasant, we are disappointed in the areas that were lacking attention.

We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Norwood.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here three nights while on a vacation trip. It was a very nice and clean hotel. The separate bedroom was nice. Kitchenette worked well for us. No problem getting to downtown Boston and to Gloucester (to go whale watching). Plenty of good restaurants in the area.
The hotel staff were very nice. Free breakfast was very good. The pool was good too.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Tom M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Norwood.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Recently I had the opportunity to spend a night at this hotel due to a wedding in the area. I had a newly renovated studio room, with a walk in shower and great kitchenette. The room was terrific, large and I feel it would be a great place to stay for an extended length of time. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I had one glitch in booking the room but the matter was positively fixed in a timely manner by the manager.

Date of stay: May 2018
katie t, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Joyce B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Norwood Residence Inn. We are so thrilled that you loved the rooms and that our team members were friendly and helpful during your stay. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Norwood.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of April as we were celebrating my aunts 100 th
birthday. arrived late but Matt was a great help. I had to change room as it was so far away but was able to do it the next morning. Loved the suite, had plenty of room. As with all Marriott properties it was very clean. Great breakfast. They also had indoor pool and large fitness room. Julio and Matt were awesome and a great help .Will stay here again if I am in the area.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear doreenw39,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Residence Inn Norwood. We are delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that our staff was helpful to you. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Norwood.