We visited Cape Cod for a wedding in October. Most of our friends stayed at the very expensive location of the wedding reception (Wequassett Resort and Golf Club) but we decided to go with the substantially less expensive off-season option and stay close to where the ceremony was held (church was in Orleans).
Yes, this place isn't the Ritz, JW Marriott, etc. But for the price I found it to be a nice motel, exactly what it's supposed to be. For a last minute special, booked less than a week before the wedding, it worked out great!
Our room was a “One larger queen room with deck” on the rear, southeast-facing side of the motel. We had a dresser, TV, table w/ 2 chairs, refrigerator, bar to hang clothes on, and a bathroom. The bathroom was sufficiently sized, not huge but usable.
The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was friendly, not only the people at the front desk, but housekeeping too. When we arrived we asked for an iron & ironing board so we could get unpacked and ready for the rehearsal festivities. Not only were we provided with both I was also given a hair dryer (hadn't thought to ask, glad they helped me think!).
The décor is a bit outdated, I’ll agree with that. But really nothing was old and disgusting to the point that I didn’t want to touch it. Kind of like staying at grandma’s, she doesn’t have the latest and greatest granite in the bathroom like we do at home, but it’s clean and well cared for. There are plenty of visually appealing chain places I’ve stayed at that aren’t nearly as well cleaned or cared for.
If I was ever to head back to this area of Cape Cod I’d definitely stay at this motel again. Based on what some others experienced at motels in the area, we paid less for a similar experience. Yes, not the snazzy golf resort, but I’d rather spend my money elsewhere in this situation. Plus it allowed me more time to get ready for the wedding! I’d probably not stay in a room off the backyard again. It wasn’t super easy to haul our luggage (4 days worth, but a combo of dress & casual clothes) through the series of doors to reach our room. The back lawn area was nice except for the Saturday morning we spent in our room listening to some sort of marching band practice. Not the hotel’s fault, but we were too close for my comfort!
We found some nifty little places to have local seafood in the area. We ate at Land Ho and enjoyed the local beer & seafood. We stopped at the grocery store down the street for some snacks which made the refrigerator handy. Rather than staying at a fancy place with a restaurant we were forced to venture out, worked out well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our location is ideal, between Ocean and Bay Beaches! SHORT walk downtown, for all attractions, AND restaurants. Family operated for 30 years, we love being helpful and very friendly. With our rooms constantly being improved, and our pool at 85 degrees everyday, 68% of our 2008 business came from repeat guests! Bike trails, Whale watches, Trips to Nantucket, Fishing -- Brandon is waiting to make your vacation unforgettably special, take advantage of our local connections! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Olde Tavern Motel & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Tavern Hotel Orleans
- Olde Tavern Motel And Inn
- Olde Tavern Motel & Inn Orleans, MA - Cape Cod