“Salty Pasta”

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
“Salty Pasta”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My Friend and I had traveled from Southern Connecticut to the Christain Book Store warehouse sale they were having Peabody MA on that Saturday 24 of March 2012. Finshed our shopping and was planning on having a good lunch before heading back. My Pasta tasted like it was cooked in rock salt and had pentrated the pasta in a way that it was not consumable by me or my friend.So we inquired about the pasta issue to the waitress,her response well nobody else has complained about it. Maybe if they tasted it before serving it they might get the picture. Maybe they should bring in Robert Irvine from Restaurant impossible to see whats going on here. We had our meal boxed up and left and wont be back again. Oh by they way, my friend decided to try something at home by rinsing the pasta off in the sink but to no avail. "Salty" no help for it except to the garbage can money thrown away once more. The atmosphere was like sitting at a doctors office ,a patron eating his meal,but does every bite got to include a blowing of his kazoo in between every bite. How disgusting is that. Hopefully you will get the process down of cooking right. Good Luck everyone

• Visited March 2012

Wimauma, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sad mistake for italian food”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

the salads were pre made and stored in a fridge some where, plates were even cold. I had the chicken marsala. which I have had many times in many restaurants. All varying in taste a little. depending on the chief. This meal though was a breaded piece of chicken with some kind of sause over it and mozzarella cheese melted on top. The taste of which I've never had before and hope I never do again. My son had egg plant and they managed to mess that up also. SAM'S CLUB has better in there frozen food section than this place. When traveling I always look for the out of the way places, cause can usually find some Golden nuggets. The only thing found here is fools gold.

• Visited September 2011
“Large portions, poor quality, poor flavor.”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Apparently caters to retired folks with lacking taste buds.
Tacky decor, poor quality/tasting food, weak service.
I'm guessing they got the the high ratings based on portion size alone. However, with the quality being what it was...more is not what I wanted!!!

peabody
“Excellent Italian Food and Entertainment”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Excellent Italian food and portions are over the top. Excellent restaurant within close proximity of the Peabody Marriott. Bonus option: live entertainment Thursday-Sunday nights.

• Visited October 2010
Salem, Massachusetts
“Italian Food at its best”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have eaten at Capones several times with friends. Each and everytime that I've gone, I have never been disappointed. The food is the best. If you are tired of going to the franchise Italian places (Bertucci's, Mac Grill etc.) then give Capone's a try. I live in Salem MA and was looking for an Italian restaurant that has great atmosphere, affordable and great food. This is it. I've eaten their pork chops (huge, cooked just right), Chix Parm (excellent), Capone Steak was fantastic (Prosutti?, cheese). If you like local authentic Italian - try it.

• Visited July 2011