“A great Portuguese hideaway”

Trackside Bar and Grill
Ranked #17 of 180 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is a place that is the epitome of "off the beaten track". Well, it's Trackside!!! Sorry.
But if you can find your way there, on a kind of back street in Peabody, Mass., you're going to be glad you did. The food is great. The menu keeps changing, though some dishes like porco a Alentejana and a seafood stew are always there. You can get goat, rabbit, octopus, and lots of other delicious (and less exotic) meals for reasonable prices. The service is friendly. There is a bar on one side of this small place, so the tables don't number many. Reserving might be a good idea or at least call before you go. It can be noisy, but the atmosphere is family-style. You can usually park out back. I've never had a bad meal there, nor a bad experience. I brought many of my classes there over the years and they all liked it too.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We went to the Trackside Bar and Grill for lunch yesterday. I had their special for the day which was fried rabbit with rice and Portuguese fries; my husband had a surf and turf; and my son had a steak sandwich. I was torn between the grilled quail and the fried rabbit, but I was very happy with my decision. I had my first taste of rabbits, although cooked in red wine, while touring the Loire Valley, and this is as good as that food experience. The food was heavenly! Big portions and cooked to perfection! And the wait staff was super attentive! The ambiance is warm and welcoming. If you haven’t been, I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018

This place is a hidden gem. I came here with my nieces and their fiancés. While the guys will eat anything and one of my nieces will try anything the other is finicky. Finicky is putting it mildly, if it isn’t a chicken nugget or mac and cheese she isn’t eating it won’t even try it. THEY ALL LOVED IT HERE. The octopus is melt in your mouth tender and not to be missed. The goat when it is on the menu (ask) is superb. The seafood stew and shellfish stew are a bounty of the sea and the broth is so flavorful you’ll want to sop up every bit. As for miss finicky, she raved about the chicken wings and the Portuguese French fries.

Just a few notes: If you go on the weekend make a reservation. This place is small and fills up fast. Parking can be tricky.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

If you are 'from away', parking is off Warren, behind the restaurant. The food is just plain tasty, the servings generous, and our waitress was delightful. If three conflicting, loud televisions all tuned to different channels is s the ambience you crave, you will find it here. It IS a bar and grill and the bar contingent overshadows the grill side.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed March 3, 2018

In this completely unpretentious neighborhood grill, you will find the most wonderful seafood dishes for many miles around. Don't look for fried clams or lobster rolls, they don't have them. We had seafood stew, grilled octopus, and garlic shrimp. All were excellent. The broth for the stew is rich in flavors and worth a trip from anywhere! We left none to waste. Same with the mussels appetizer, we soaked up all the garlicy butter sauce with bread, excellent. Simple attractive dining room, small bar, friendly family operation, great Portuguese recipes, reasonable prices. I live an hour away, and I will be back soon.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Trackside Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!