“Bad experience”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Huntington, New York
“Bad experience”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a sub-par Holiday Inn. The location was good for us but that was about all. We had requested a king bed but they only had double beds unless we wanted to wait (it was after check in time). The room smelled like cigarette smoke and we tried to open the windows to air it out but of course the windows don't open. The room was just okay but my husband found a hair (not his) in the bed...ugh. The worst part: I was flabbergasted to find they charged me a $200 fine for smoking!!! It was a no smoking hotel where our room stunk of cigarettes and then they try to charge me for smoking? I don't smoke, my husband doesn't smoke. After 7 (seven!!) calls trying to get a manager that could help me, he said they would show me proof of smoking. Of course they couldn't show proof because we DIDN'T SMOKE! He then said they would take the charge off (they better) but I didn't get an apology. Beware!

Room Tip: Ask them if you can smell it first.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Dreaming
Carlos A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for posting your review. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than what you expected. We at the hotel take our non-smoking policy serious, this is to serve our non smoking guests such as yourself better. I can see that there was miscommunication on our part and therefore the charges were posted to your room. We have taken these charges off. We apologize for any incovenience this may have caused you during your trip. I hope that you would give us another chance to prove to you that we can live up to your expectations. Should you decide to stay with us again, please contact me personally to assure that your stay is a great one.

Carlos A Almendarez
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
kent uk
Reviewed 1 November 2011

we did stay there for 9 nights, we had 2 double beds. CLlean. We loved the location which was important to us- easy enough access to get where we wanted to get. The stff at reception was helpful.( hi Leonard)
next door is Italian restaurant which we visited on our first night- the staff at reception recommended it.
kids enjoyed pool, at some point it was very busy and seems that water was a it chilly?

Room Tip: Be nice to staff and they will be nice to you!
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kpmhtravel
Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We booked at Last Minute Travel for a 3 star, and got this Holiday Inn. Check in was smooth, but we were given a room with 2 beds when we asked for a king. Clerk quickly changed us, giving us a lovely king suite. Very comfortable. Bathrooms upgraded with marble counters. The bad news -- our reservation was for 2 nights, but hotel had only been informed of 1 night. So when we returned to the hotel for our second nights, they had locked us out of our room. After I proved (by showing a copy of my reservation confirmation from LMT) that we HAD booked and prepaid for 2 nights, the hotel corrected their records and all was well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
ssam11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It only through such feedback we can improve our services. While I was pleased to read that our staff accommodated your request, I was also concerned that we have failed to verify your length of stay at check-in which could have saved you the inconvenience later on. And when something is less than perfect, we will do everything in our power to rectify the matter immediately and take steps to prevent a similar problem for other guests in the future. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our team and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards
Sam Sidhom
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here while visiting Salem during the busy October month. The access to the hotel is a little confusing but only a short drive from Salem. Hotel is clean, excellent breakfast buffett was included in our rate, kids were free. The service in the restaurant was slow but the value and the selection made up for it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Peabody

I love to read reviews like yours where you enjoyed your stay. We do try to use every tool available (TripAdvisor included) to obtain an accurate and honest accounting of our guests’ perspectives; and when something is less than perfect, I do everything in my power to rectify the matter immediately in the present and take steps to prevent a similar problem for other guests in the future.

again thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again with your family in the near future

Regards
Sam Sidhom
GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Day staff arranged for their shuttle to take me to North Shore Mall. When I called to be picked up later in the day they told me there was no shuttle driver and that I would have to take a cab. When I got to the front desk I presented my receipt to be reimbursed and then was quoted policies about their shuttle and put through the ringer before they finally gave me the $8.75. Other than that hotel was completely average. All staff (except Rosa and Mauricio) should be sent to smiling school.

• Stayed October 2011
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Got an upgrade to a king suite for our additional night stay in Peabody and it was great. Very large living room with kitchen and dining table (seats 4) couch, chair and nice flat screen TV. Spacious king bedroom with another flat screen. Good size bathroom also
Had a relaxing evening with some drinks and a movie. Could have stayed longer but much to my dismay life is not one long vacation. Noted a few housekeeping issues ie ironing board left out, trash not emptied in bathroom the used containers of bath products left in the bathroom. All in all a very nice stay. We did not have breakfast but they have breakfast available in the restaurant or as room service. The hotel is also attached to a Carabbas restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Room are OK, but the for the price ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They charge us an extra 124$ and i dont know why! The breakfast buffet was disgusting, i wouldnt give that to my dog honestly. Save your money and dont go there. AC make for noise than a tractor.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Peabody hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
0.7 km away
8.8 km away
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
2.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!