Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$15
Priceline
eDreamsUS$92
Booking.comUS$92
All reviews checking out breakfast was delicious cape breton farm animals terri farmhouse
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Five stars aren't enough!!!! Was there a week ago for three relaxing comfortable nights. My mother & I felt like welcomed friends the minute the door opened. Yummy food...especially the world famous Sunday waffles....shared with our hosts. Friendly dogs & cats....delightful & interesting barnyard menagerie. Great recommendations for things to see & delicious food. Terri & Dave made Cape Breton one of the best parts of our 16 day East Coast adventure. And...I'll be back!!!!!

Room tip: Either rooms are beautiful, comfy, spacious
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Terri S, Owner at Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Thank you! I give you ladies a 5 out of 5 too! I feel like I said good-bye to long time friends the morning you left. Thank you for making my job easier and more fun than usual. <3 Can't wait until you come back.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit! If you get there early enough, ask to see the animals. As animal lovers, this totally made the experience. Bed was comfortable and the evening was nice and quiet. Will recommend to others

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon C
Terri S, Owner at Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure. We enjoyed having you!

Reviewed July 13, 2018

The house was very nice and we really liked the room. The colours in the room were very pretty and the decorations were well chosen. It was a very appealing and comfortable room. The bed was very comfortable and had very nice bedding. We knew going in that it was a shared bathroom, but did not know about the shortage of water. I had a quick, less-than-ten-minute shower, and ran out of water. As a B & B, and especially one with a shared bathroom where many people will be using the shower each morning, I feel that you need to make sure that there is enough water for everyone to have a leisurely shower if they should feel so inclined. Breakfast was delicious and included a very yummy fruit salad. It is a shared breakfast table where you eat with the people from the other room, Terri and her husband, and two other people (to whom we were not introduced). I like this classic "B&B vibe." One of the reasons why we picked this B & B was the fact that it was a farm with animals, and we wanted to get a chance to see the animals. Unfortunately, there is a $15 charge for a farm tour. This rubbed us the wrong way, as I think farm aspect is part of the charm of this B and B and should be included with the price of the room. To have to pay an additional $15 to see a few animals seems ridiculous and like they are just "nickel and diming" you. The owner tried to be friendly but was at times a bit abrasive. Overall, our stay was decent.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Terri S, Owner at Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I’m happy to hear that you liked the room and the decor and our B&B vibe. I am sorry to learn about the hot water shortage. Our B&B Guests always have priority on the hot water – I don’t do laundry or run the dishwasher (or even use my shower) while guests are on the premises. It sounds like everyone wanted a leisurely shower that morning. As for the farm tour, I used to charge a small fee for the farm tours but now it is a complimentary addition for the B&B Guests. Upon investigation I have discovered that I neglected to update that part in the “Guest Handbook”. I do apologize for the confusion. That explains why you didn’t ask to see the animals in the morning. But, kudos for reading the book! I didn’t think anyone actually did that.
~terri

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting my sister and her family, who live in the area. Coming from the Boston area, we were amazed at how instantly relaxed we felt upon settling in at Terri and Dave’s farm! It literally felt like we had stepped off a carnival ride and into a completely different time; a time when life rolled along at a quieter, gentler, much more sane pace!

As almost all the other reviewers mentioned, the hosts Terri and Dave were so welcoming and treated us like family! The breakfast fare was delicious and plentiful. All the dogs and cats were so friendly and fun. The inn is comfortable and decorated brilliantly. It is homespun yet sophisticated. Terri’s beautiful photos grace the walls along with the country decor that rivals Joanna Gaines’ impeccable style. And the farm itself was so quaint and serene. I felt like we’d stepped back in time and I really longed to linger.

We loved our visit and hope to return again soon!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Terri S, Owner at Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Wow. You left me speechless! I needed a couple of days to try to figure out what to say and still, all I can come up with (which will surprise many) is "thank you". I look forward to your return.
~terri

Reviewed June 23, 2018

This is a working farm, a typical farmhouse with Narragansett turkeys, llamas, dogs cats and more, a very relaxed country style B&B. Only suggestion is EAT FIRST in town or bring your snacks - its a good half hr drive back and forth along the lake. Terri and Dave are great hosts, breakfast was delicious (waffles with fruit, yogurt, bacon, etc), loved the animals, and our room was quiet and so very comfortable. I'd go back, but plan for dinner first at the Cedar House Bakery and Restaurant in Boularderie, NS & arrive early enough to appreciate the farm.

Room tip: There were other guests, so we didn't see the other rooms.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Terri S, Owner at Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you for the lovely review! It was our pleasure and it was lovely to meet you both. We look forward to your return.
~Terri