“Another poor experience”

Hungry Bear Restaurant French River Trading Post
Ranked #2 of 2 Quick Bites in Alban
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 22, 2022 via mobile

I’ve been here many times only because it’s the only place around here. Never have I had a pleasant greeting and it seems everyone is grumpy for some reason.
Today I ordered my breakfast and an extra toast as I like a peanut butter toast with my eggs. I wasn’t feeling that hungry and wrapped the sandwich. I still had a few sips of coffee left and went to use the bathroom. When I came back it was cleared. I asked and the girl said it was thrown in the garbage. She offered me a toasted western and I said ok. The. This other grump went into the garbage unwrapped my sandwich and acted like I tried to rip them off. I just walked out. Talk about a terrible place. Save the aggravation and keep going to Sudbury or just a little further south to Tim hortons. The food is basic frozen crap and too expensive as well and it should be called The Grumpy Bear!!

Date of visit: September 2022

Reviewed August 22, 2022 via mobile

We stopped and it loooked amazing. Sadly the burger was not edible and I threw it out. Lucky the ice cream was good

Fun stop but be warned

Date of visit: August 2022
Reviewed July 26, 2022

Stopped for some breakfast. Decided in the breakfast sandwich and it was delicious and so fresh. The coffee surprisingly was great too. Would stop in again for sure. Next time....Ice cream. :))))

Date of visit: June 2022
Reviewed October 4, 2021 via mobile

First place I have been refused to go in because of medical conditions and I am on home oxygen they said they didn’t care if I was on home oxygen that I wasn’t allowed in the store. They were very rude and inconsiderate. I use to love going into this but I won’t step foot in it ever again will take my business elsewhere one employee in particular had no customer relations.

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank M9869FQhelenl
Reviewed August 16, 2021

We ate here twice last week, camping, and mainly because we were going to French River Provincial Park for the day and my daughter likes chicken nuggets and they have them. Both meals were subpar, and cold. I mean, how do you even mess up a hotdog? It was cold and under cooked. Burger was clearly a frozen store bought type patty that wasn't tasty and again, cold. Wouldn't recommend.

Date of visit: August 2021