“Wonderful place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
By The Sea Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2017

By The Sea B & B is a wonderfully restored, beautifully decorated inn. My husband & I stayed in the Mayflower suite for a week, May 18-25. It has windows on two sides that overlook the waterfront in Plymouth Harbor. A perfect location for walking to shops & restaurants. We had off street parking, so did not have to worry about finding a parking spot. The room was very comfortable, great bed, even a fridge & microwave. Brenda paid attention to details, many extras such as binoculars, bottled water in the fridge, even fresh baked cookies one day! We met with family in the area, so the front porch was a perfect place to visit with them. Roger has a green thumb so the grounds are beautifully done with plants & flowers. They had coffe and coffe cake available every morning. Breakfast vouchers were available for nearby restaurants if you wanted to use them. Brenda & Roger are wonderful hosts & can direct you to various places to see. I would highly recommended this inn & would love to go back again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The Inn keepers are really nice people and we enjoyed conversing with them over coffee and pastry in the morning. They were very interested in making your stay enjoyable, offering helpful tips for where to eat, and directions to seeing the sights. The room(s) were very neat and clean, and cheerfully decorated. We stayed in the the Gov Bradford suite, and enjoyed the wonderful view out the window towards the water. We would definitely stay here again. It is located in a very convenient location and once you park your car, you can easily walk throughout the town.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I was looking for a B & B in Plymouth. I saw all the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor for By the Sea and that was all I needed to know. I stayed at this gorgeous house for 3 nights and I loved every minute! Roger and Brenda were so nice. Whenever I saw them, we would have a nice chat and they always asked if I needed anything. All B & B hosts should be just like Roger and Brenda. The location is outstanding. You can walk to all the fun shops and restaurants on Water and Court Streets. I did not need a car to get around. I took the MBTA commuter train from South Station in Boston to the Plymouth station. From the Plymouth commuter train station, I took the local GATRA bus (only a dollar) to Plymouth center. By the Sea is a very short walk from the bus stop in Plymouth center. I loved the Governor Bradford Suite which is where I stayed: It was an apartment. It had a bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom and private deck as well as a private entrance. The bed was very comfy. The jewel of this fabulous B & B is the front porch. Best view of Plymouth Harbor and great for people watching. Several times as I sat at the porch, thoroughly enjoying myself, many people would stop and take pictures or just admire this beautiful house. There was coffee, tea and coffee cake for breakfast, but if you were still hungry, Roger and Brenda would have vouchers for harbor restaurants that they partner with. I highly recommend this B and B. It is THE place to stay in Plymouth.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pats80
Reviewed 30 November 2016

My wife and I stayed here during our 3-day vacation. Having read many positive reviews I decided to book this place. I was not disappointed. In fact, Brenda and Roger were really, really nice! Full of pleasant surprises! From our names on the welcoming plate once we arrived, to a cookie tray and tea ready on our bed to welcome us after a 5-hr drive from NY. I have never met anyone like Brenda and Roger. Their hospitality towards people comes from the heart! We absolutely enjoyed our stay. The two mornings we had our little chat, along with home made bread and ready-brewed coffee and tea to welcome us into the new day.
They were really knowledgeable of everything there is to do in Polymouth and the surrounding cities. We planned what we wanted to do, but it was Brenda and Roger who helped us better organize our trip.
Our first and foremost goal was to see the infamous Mayflower II, a replica of the first ship carrying the first colonists to the U.S. Unfortunately the ship sailed away before we got there, due to certain beetles found the Mayflower planks too yummy to resist, and the hulls needed major repairs. But Brenda and Roger gave us quite a few options to do and follow-up on it after we got back to see how we liked it. Their ideas were sound!

I wished we could've stayed longer. See what else they have in store for us. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

All we can say to Brenda and Roger is: See you in 2020 (when Mayflower come sailing back to Plymouth)!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yummyfood09
Reviewed 13 November 2016

My husband and I ended our two week tour of New England at By the Sea Bed and Breakfast for 4 nights. We had only stayed in B and B's and Roger and Brenda win the prize. It was our favorite B and B! We stayed in the Winslow room, and although it does not have a direct view of the harbor, it was perfect in every other way. The room was immaculate and felt like home. It had a big screen TV, couch, easy chair, mini frig, microwave, and private entrance. We asked for ice the first night, and for the following 3 nights, when we came back to the room the ice bucket was full and tasty snacks were left. In the mornings, Brenda and Roger greeted you with delightful conversations and supplied coffee and pastries on the enclosed front porch. They seemed genuinely interested in your plans for the day and what you had done the previous day. You were given breakfast vouchers to excellent local restaurants that were within walking distance. They had discount coupons for the Mayflower and Plymouth plantation that saved us considerable entrance fees. My favorite amenity was the travel planner notebook Brenda had made for each room. It had suggestions for restaurants and detailed descriptions for day trips in the area. Multiple copies of the day trips were in the notebook so you were able to take the specific page with you. We were able to navigate a day trip into Boston and a ferry ride to Nantucket easily because of her helpful information. I can't say enough about Brenda and Roger and their lovely home they share. We live on the west coast but cannot wait to return to By the Sea B and B.

Room Tip: Webpage descriptions are accurate
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Lou H
Reviewed 27 October 2016

This fabulous inn is located in the heart of Plymouth on the harbor with a great view of the Mayflower. Plymouth rock, wonderful restaurants, harbor cruises and whale watching boats are all within a short walk from the inn. There is 1 room and 1 suite and they are both gorgeous with scenic views of the harbor. You will not meet nicer innkeepers than Brenda and Roger. The were so friendly and helpful. There is no doubt we will be returning.

Room Tip: Only two rooms, both are beautiful !!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

The location could not be bettered, 100m from Mayflower 2, plus all Plymouth has to offer in easy walking distance.
The hosts Roger and Brenda were superb, coffee and conversation either early in the morning or in the evening, very helpful, guiding you to make the most of the attractions.
Make sure you ask about the special tickets for the Mayflower, superb value.
The Blue Blinds café just a short walk up the road was brilliant for breakfast.
Apparently Robson Green stayed in the same room, with his filming team in the Motel opposite, presumably on one of his Extreme Fishing episodes.
Once again many thanks to Roger and Brenda.
Geoff and Jane

Room Tip: Only two rooms both very good in a traditional American B & B way.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple