“If You want a Guesthouse where you're more then a guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crew's Quarters

Crew's Quarters
Ranked #44 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“If You want a Guesthouse where you're more then a guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

My first trip to P-Town was for Leather Weekend. I did my research online and just by the pics of other guest house I was turned off by the femininity look. I wanted a place where I could be myself, who hasn't stayed at a guest house knowing the open door policy. Your not a stranger there. From the minute I stepped in Biscuit and Bagel were great, showing me the layout, checked in quickly. And even explained some of the secrets.

All weekend long, it was the greatest vacation for me, the people, atmosphere. It was excellent. Guys were all easy to talk. If you want a place where you can be yourself, stay at the Ranch. you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Jordan77ny

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Somersville, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

This is an excellent guesthouse for those that might not require the Plaza or Ritz-Carlton. The Ranch is very comfortable, affable staff and management, delightful guests, perfect location, clean, friendly accommodations, and a good breakfast to boot! I had not stayed here before and was envious of the friendly gang sitting on the front porch as I had walked by to other more traditional(and expensive) lodgings in Provincetown. I would thoroughly recommend The Ranch to anyone looking for built-in fun, relaxation, homey atmosphere, and very friendly staff and management. Thanks guys and looking forward to returning...tod keeney

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank todkeeney
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

We have been staying here for several years. It is inexpensive and it is reputation is right on and over the years we have had a lot of fun here. However; we will no longer stay here due to bed bugs and the owners' failure to sufficiently address the problem.

In June 2009 we were visiting Provincetown when the bed bugs were discovered. As world travelers we know they are possible anywhere. We returned in August for Carnival and the situation was so bad guests had to move off of the 3rd floor.

We returned this summer again, we travel inexpensively so we can travel so much. Again bed bugs were present.

No longer will we stay here, the owner is irresponsible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank NYCDGP5
TrailHeader, Owner at Crew's Quarters, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
We very much regret what occured. As we all know this is a national epidemic. The Ranch had worked extensively with a leading national extermination company. Despite repeated efforts and significant expenditures they were unable to fully eradicate the problem. This fall we hired Sniff K-9 to detect and eliminate the problem. They treated the entire facility by subjecting it to extremely high temperatures. Brky the carefully trained scent hound came back after the treatment and pronouced the entire premises clear. Brky was not just on a one-shot visit. He'll be back every month and his nose will ensure that our guests will have a trouble free 2011 season.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

I heard stories about the ranch, but none of them were true.
When we checked in, we were greeted by the manager, Mark and the ranch hands, Biscuit & Bagel. They gave us a drink while we checked in. We were then led to our room and found the room to be clean and cozy.
The whole house was very warm and friendly. All the guests treated us as family. We had the best time.
We booked for Halloween and new years already.
You should give the Ranch a try, you will be calling it home also.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank capetravelor
Stamford CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

My experience here was good, and I think it has to do with expectations.

The location: 5 out of 5, cant beat it. In the middle of everything
Cleanliness 3 out of 5 not bad, this is no white glove place, however, but instead a modest and comfortable mens Band B. I have traveled the world, and though this place is modest, it is no horrror show. I found my room tidy.
Rooms: 3 out of 5. Yes they are small, the tv is old, but clean and practical. Also, bear in mind, on holiday I look for a comfortable place to sleep but spend most of my day out.
Service : 5 out of 5. The staff and other guests are friendly and inclusive. This stay can be as communal, drinks on the patio, etc or as private as you wish. Continental breakfast and coffee most hospitable.
Value: I would say 6 out of 5...if possible. Heres why. Stroll up the street and its easy to spend $350+ per night...I was happy to pay a third of that here
Sleep quality; perfectly fine. This reminds me of one of those 1950's youth hostel places in Europe where the owners runit and its like living at someones house. Put a gay spin on it and you get the picture.
I have read some of the reviews and am surprised by the negativity...I can only think that the reviwers are unaccustomed to rates in summer resort areas and needed to be taken over the coals by a higher end place. I dont. Tsk, tsk, boys...I found this unfair and rude. I will gladly stay again. Perhaps you are french...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank RogerButler
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have no problem with the sleaze factor at the Ranch but $160 a night for hot, stuffy, uncomfortable room invested with bed bugs! Stay away. I came back with bites all over and now have to purchase new luggage

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Braunn
Berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

The hotel is dirty, it smells very bad, the rooms are extremely small. The staff was friendly and the location very good but I don´t like to stay here again, never !!

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — All !!!
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank arkkoo