Revere Guest House(Provincetown)
US$444
US$407
US$269
US$219
The Seaglass Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$310
US$399
Harbor Hotel Provincetown(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$219
Crew's Quarters(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Prince Albert Guest House(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$228
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmichelangelo roomin towngarden patiocommercial streetshared bathgreat hostswe've stayedhighly recommend this b bsmall roomfeel right at homequiet streetthe ground floorrelaxing staylocation is greatbagelswine and cheesefresh fruit
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My weekend stay at Christopher’s by the Bay started out well enough. On the second evening, I patiently waited for the couple next to me to finish up in the third floor bathroom. After they were done, I went in to brush my teeth – having closed the bathroom door (which has no lock) behind me. Shortly thereafter, some strange guy darts in without so much as an “Excuse me” or “Oops, I have to go” and occupies a seat on the toilet which, blessedly, is behind a sliding (also, un-lockable) door. I was dumbfounded. Apparently, my friend, who had her own room down the hall, had a similar experience earlier that day when someone walked in while she was showering.

The next morning, I asked one of the Innkeepers why there are no locks on the bathroom doors. He explained – with a surprisingly straight face – that the bath on the third floor is a “multi-user bath” and not a shared bath. My gut response was not one the owner – or anyone else - would care to hear during breakfast. So, I simply responded that “I had nothing to say to that”, rushed through breakfast, packed and left as soon as possible – never, ever to return. By the way, the Christopher’s by the Bay Website describes the third floor bath as a “multi-user bath”. (However, my friend claimed this was not the way it was described when we reserved rooms three months ago. I don’t remember.)

Having traveled throughout the United States and Europe, I am very familiar with shared baths in guesthouses. But, I have never previously heard of this “multi-user bath” concept. Had I booked a dormitory room or hostel accommodations, this might be expected.

A Google search of “multi-user bath” yields two pages of results – none of which have anything to do with the accommodations industry. A Google search of “shared bath” yields at least ten pages of results – most of which correspond with accommodations. At the very least, this is terminology not commonly used in the industry – unless, I suppose, you are modeling your guesthouse policies based upon some third world standard.

What I can say is that the third floor (per their Website) has five guest rooms which, at peak times, may house anywhere from five persons or, if doubling up occurs, ten persons. That does not count an additional small room on the same floor that seems to serve as a bedroom for an employee. That’s a lot of people sharing one bath – shared, “multi-user” or whatever.

You know, it costs a lot of money to travel to – and stay in - Provincetown. In fact, I’ve been doing so for over thirty years. Apparently, when you find yourself having to cope with such “standards” of accommodation, it is no longer worth the time, effort and, particularly, the money.

Oh, there is one last comment – which, in fairness, I’d not mentioned to the owners while staying here. Someone should run a vacuum cleaner attachment over the filters for the window fans in (at least) the Georgia O’Keefe and Claude Monet rooms. They were both obviously caked with dust.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We only stayed 2 days but had a great time at Christopher's by the Bay. The location was great - just a block away from the main street. Both hosts/owners were very nice!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My other half and I had booked a condo for a week, and we were looking for a place to book a few extra days before and after the week to extend our trip. Jim bent over backwards, and helped us by booking exactly the days we wanted... I don't think we would have gotten that option at other places. Both he Dave were great hosts - very personable, and we enjoyed chatting and hanging with them at the guest house and about town when our paths crossed. The location of the B&B was perfect for us, near the ferry docks and very central to where we wanted to be. Sincere thanks to Jim and Dave... it was a pleasure meeting you both, and thanks for making our stay so enjoyable!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Granthorley
Reviewed August 29, 2011

After leaving Boston for a business trip, I wanted to escape to Provincetown for some R and R. What I did not realize when arriving to Christopher's by the bay that when I wanted no noise and some time to myself, well I got more than I would ever request. The place yet in the heart of everything, was very peaceful, quiet and so relaxing. I never sleep in, but the room was so comfortable and the bed was nice sleeping in, was something I was not use to but did it everyday of my stay. The Housekeeping there at the Inn is amazing. Better than hotel service. You always see someone cleaning even when it was just cleaned 2 hours prior. The Innkeepers always asked if I needed something or help with anything. 5 star service, cleaniness and peacefulness. This place is underrated and well worth the stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed 6 nights with my partner early August on the recommendation of a friend. We have been very warmly welcomed by Jim and David, the hosts, who have been very attentive and careful during our entire stay. They helped us out for dining tips and places to go out. The place is very relaxing, charming and very well maintained. We will be back next year for sure. Don't miss this place !

Room Tip: Pick-up the Michelangelo room that is very large with nice closet space and has a nice view on the frontyard and street (very quiet street)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple