All reviews michelangelo room in town commercial street third floor shared bath great hosts we've stayed highly recommend this b b small room quiet side street feel right at home every morning relaxing stay location is great bagels fresh fruit jim
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I've been visiting PTown for many years now and consider it a home away from home. Have stayed in condos and several other bed and breakfasts over the past 20 years both on my own and with a partner. I must say that Christopher's is one of the best in terms of my checklist: accommodations, GREAT coffee, comfort and convenience. They are located one block from the bay (and quick walk to center of town), have very comfortable and well-kept rooms (thanks Shane!) a gorgeous private back garden area with water trickling to the fish tank, great music playing, plenty to read and amazing coffee for my morning wake up. A nice balance of choice for breakfast (one morning there was a fantastic peach cobbler type dish!) and the owners are personable and accommodating above and beyond most hosts. I also love the front room which has comfy chairs, couches and big bay windows. This past stay I spent quite a bit of time there as the weather had turned colder and had some great convos with other guests. Having stayed here several times now this season I can say without hesitation that my great experience was not hit and miss but pleasantly consistent. Thanks Jim and Dave! You've figured out how to get it right. Will definitely be back next season if not sooner!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I spent two nights in Provincetown for a wedding and picked Christopher's for its convenient location. I was extremely pleased and would not hesitate to stay at Christopher's again.

The interior is elegant and relaxed, without being overstated or too trendy. My room was clean, spacious, quiet, and I slept deeply in my incredibly comfortable bed. The front reading room, with spacious bay windows, is a perfect place to enjoy the morning sun. The secluded back patio is a great place to enjoy breakfast, chill, and to meet other guests.

Housecleaning is superb!

Jim and Dave, the hosts, have a friendly and relaxed style that made me feel at home. Jim was able to lend me an iPhone charging cable because I forgot to pack mine. Dave was very helpful in moving another guest's car after hours so that I could drive to Truro for an after-wedding party.

All in all, my stay at Christopher's made an already fantastic visit even better.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank duncanhsu02
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My weekend stay at Christopher’s by the Bay started out well enough. On the second evening, I patiently waited for the couple next to me to finish up in the third floor bathroom. After they were done, I went in to brush my teeth – having closed the bathroom door (which has no lock) behind me. Shortly thereafter, some strange guy darts in without so much as an “Excuse me” or “Oops, I have to go” and occupies a seat on the toilet which, blessedly, is behind a sliding (also, un-lockable) door. I was dumbfounded. Apparently, my friend, who had her own room down the hall, had a similar experience earlier that day when someone walked in while she was showering.

The next morning, I asked one of the Innkeepers why there are no locks on the bathroom doors. He explained – with a surprisingly straight face – that the bath on the third floor is a “multi-user bath” and not a shared bath. My gut response was not one the owner – or anyone else - would care to hear during breakfast. So, I simply responded that “I had nothing to say to that”, rushed through breakfast, packed and left as soon as possible – never, ever to return. By the way, the Christopher’s by the Bay Website describes the third floor bath as a “multi-user bath”. (However, my friend claimed this was not the way it was described when we reserved rooms three months ago. I don’t remember.)

Having traveled throughout the United States and Europe, I am very familiar with shared baths in guesthouses. But, I have never previously heard of this “multi-user bath” concept. Had I booked a dormitory room or hostel accommodations, this might be expected.

A Google search of “multi-user bath” yields two pages of results – none of which have anything to do with the accommodations industry. A Google search of “shared bath” yields at least ten pages of results – most of which correspond with accommodations. At the very least, this is terminology not commonly used in the industry – unless, I suppose, you are modeling your guesthouse policies based upon some third world standard.

What I can say is that the third floor (per their Website) has five guest rooms which, at peak times, may house anywhere from five persons or, if doubling up occurs, ten persons. That does not count an additional small room on the same floor that seems to serve as a bedroom for an employee. That’s a lot of people sharing one bath – shared, “multi-user” or whatever.

You know, it costs a lot of money to travel to – and stay in - Provincetown. In fact, I’ve been doing so for over thirty years. Apparently, when you find yourself having to cope with such “standards” of accommodation, it is no longer worth the time, effort and, particularly, the money.

Oh, there is one last comment – which, in fairness, I’d not mentioned to the owners while staying here. Someone should run a vacuum cleaner attachment over the filters for the window fans in (at least) the Georgia O’Keefe and Claude Monet rooms. They were both obviously caked with dust.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We only stayed 2 days but had a great time at Christopher's by the Bay. The location was great - just a block away from the main street. Both hosts/owners were very nice!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My other half and I had booked a condo for a week, and we were looking for a place to book a few extra days before and after the week to extend our trip. Jim bent over backwards, and helped us by booking exactly the days we wanted... I don't think we would have gotten that option at other places. Both he Dave were great hosts - very personable, and we enjoyed chatting and hanging with them at the guest house and about town when our paths crossed. The location of the B&B was perfect for us, near the ferry docks and very central to where we wanted to be. Sincere thanks to Jim and Dave... it was a pleasure meeting you both, and thanks for making our stay so enjoyable!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple