“Friendly,Kind & Caring!!”

Surfside Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 18 April 2012

we had such a wonderful time :) The hotel was very nice and clean.. The staff was frendly and helpful.. I would love to go back and stay again.. My family also enjoyed the free breakfast every morning.. Everything was very fresh and clean..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

We are happy you returned to the Surfside. The newly remodeled rooms on the waterfront seem to be a hit with all our guests both new and returning, such a fresh, new and Cape Cod feeling. We hope you had a chance to sit by our new fire pit in the evening and enjoy your favorite cocktail. Looking forward to your return again this season or next. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had such a terrific time and the staff was fantastic. They were all very informative and quick to react if we needed anything. We are definitely going back and have already booked for June.

Elaine and team, keep doing what you do. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for your review, always to pleasure to hear our employees have helped out when needed. We take great pride in our hotel and our employees and want to make every guests experience one they will always remember and treasure their stay not only at the hotel but also in Provincetown. We look forward to having you with us again in June.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

After a hiatus of several years, I returned to Surfside last year and have been happy I did. The newly renovated rooms are a delight and the attentive staff and owner assure that all is as it should be. The location is excellent and the atmosphere relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Waterfront king room was gorgeous! Positives: dog friendly, great price $75 per night plus $20 pet fee (would have preffered a $50 flat fee) and tax per night, quiet, elevators, good coffee in the AM, mini fridge and microwave, friendly and accommodating staff. Negatives: shared balcony, small shower and no vent gets the whole bathroom wet, walls are very thin, wifi is not free-$50 a week! Also-streetside rooms smell like mildew/mold, noisy, windows don't open and no elevator-beware if you're staying on 2nd or 3rd floor!. I would only recommend the waterfront rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

We want to thank you for your review on our newly remodeled waterfront rooms. We hope that you enjoyed your stay. I noticed your comment on our Courtyard Rooms. I'm not sure when you stayed on the courtside, however, these rooms were also remodeled just 2 years ago and I can assure you that they are very nice and there is no smell in them. It is true that there is not elevator in the courtside building, we unfortunately have no way of installing one. With our private beach, outdoor saline pool and firepit our guests spend very little time in their rooms. WIFI in the rooms is paid, however, in the pool area, courtyard and in the lobby/lounge WIFI is FREE! We hope that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been staying at Surfside for 7 years and have since day one been welcomed and made to feel at home here. The rooms are very well maintained and as of recently been redone and an addition of a gas powered fire pit made our stay even more enjoyable. This is the only place I stay when visiting the Cape and I try to at least twice a year.

Room Tip: You cannot beat the view from the ocean front rooms. Nice Balconies to sit on to enjoy the ocean si...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

It was a pleasure having you with us again this season - we always look forward to seeing our past guests (family) I am also happy to hear you like to new remodel of the waterfront rooms and enjoyed the new firepit. It seems as though our guests will enjoy sitting in front of the firepit after a long day of shopping, eating, swimming and partying in Provincetown. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed in the Lighthouse suite for 3 days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Awesome space, beautifully decorated, with mini-kitchen, dining area, living room, big TV's, jacuzzi tub, and its own private deck, just feet away from the ocean, with a gorgeous panoramic view. Breakfast was decent with fresh grapefruit, waffles, bagels, and plentiful and excellent coffee. Good restaurant right next door. About a 15-minute walk to town (which some reviewers complained about, but we enjoyed the walk, the view, and the various stores along the way). We've been to the Surfside many times and will return the next time we need to recharge our batteries.

Room Tip: A regular room is fine but might be a little cramped for more than a night's stay. We took adva...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Always a pleasure to see return guests, happy to hear you once again enjoyed your stay at the Surfside Hotel and Suites. Indeed these suites are beautiful and you can't beat the view and right on our private beach. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was interested in staying at the Surfside Hotel during an upcoming visit. I researched the costs associated with all the major suppliers including right here on TripAdvisor. I found rooms for $85 a night while I was there. Not a bad rate. Then I went to the hotel's website where the surprise really occurred.

They were posting an $85 a night rate as well with a by one night get one night free offer. I attempted to make my reservation but was told it would be $190 with taxes for two nights. What happened to the $85 a night rate?

I contact the hotel management who told me their regular rate is $169 a night. Really? Because the rack rate on their website says $109 and no travel company came close to the $169 a night rate. I explained this and she stood by her numbers. So then I contacted the parent company who also stood by the numbers and their general manager.

This is a classic upsell to give the appearance of a discount rate. Except here, they got caught. Watch your wallets when dealing with this hotel. The parent company is Linchris Hotel Corporation. I gave them numerous opportunities to honor their advertised rate but they refused. Guess I'll be staying elsewhere when I visit Provincetown.

Room Tip: Watch your credit card and bill.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Chris_G_2008
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

I'm sorry you did not understand our breakdown of rate for the Buy One Get One Free - the rate is $169.99 plus tax for the first night the second night is free! We break this rate down to $84.99 plus tax per night when making the reservations for you, we are not trying to deceive anyone this is a great off season rate. We mail our this special to over 4,000 people who make their Spring Special reservations with us and understand the breakdown. I'm sorry you did not have the opportunity to stay with us in our newly remodeled hotel, I'm sure you would have enjoyed your stay with us as many do this time of year with our great specials and packages. We have been running this special for years with no complaints, everyone enjoys the off season rate with us.