Recently stayed in penthouse suite.
Wasn't cheap, but the view was stupendous. Worth the extra price. Literally a wall of windows overlooking unobstructed harbor views. Views from every single room, plus a private deck with the same views.
Half the weekend I just sat, drink in hand, watching the sunset or sunrise or activity on the water.
I will try to post a couple photos.
The suite itself was fine. Beautiful bath. The gas fireplace was a nice touch.
The only downside was the carpet. Old and worn out. For these rates I'd think new carpet would be more than justified.
Also there's a variety of heating and cooling sources in the room. Worth your while to make sure when they show you to your room that they explain this to you.
In particular, there are a ton of baseboard heaters that can act as backup to the wall-mounted heat systems. It took us forever to figure out that the one in the dining room was still on and that was causing us to get really hot.
I'd also suggest replacing the old dorm-style fridge. It ran constantly, which can be annoying if you are trying to nap or sleep on the couch. Otherwise the kitchen was about perfect for what you need for a short stay.
But overall, really, this one is about the view.
Service was terrific. Staff was friendly and professional. Kept running into one particularly friendly staff guy. Think his name was Ken. Very helpful.
The grounds really were terrific. Great pool, great hot tub. And the onsite bar is really a perfect spot to have a nice civilized drink. Seems to be a hangout for locals, which is always a good sign. And they aren't stingy with a drink pour...
Checkout was a breeze, which isn't always the case in places like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a premier Provincetown inn, only a minute's walk to all the action on Commercial Street. Our B&B in Provincetown features extraordinary rooms and suites, a gracious staff, spa services, breakfast, wine social & so much more. 9 historically detailed buildings enclose the terraced courtyard, boasting a heated infinity pool, cabana and English garden, that rivals all other Provincetown hotels. Our Cape Cod bed and breakfast now features the new Shipwreck Lounge open for drinks daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Agoda, JackRabbit Systems and Priceline so you can book your Brass Key Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Key Guesthouse Hotel Provincetown
- Brass Key Guesthouse Provincetown, MA - Cape Cod