“Old hotel”

Comfort Inn Randolph
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Randolph
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

I didn't like it hear more would I come back if it was up to me.

Old hotel with old tvs from the 90s. If you can't Atleast update your tvs then I have a bad taste in my mouth.

The pool was very very dirty for summer time but I guess it hadn't been open all year.

Mexican restaurant next door.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 21 May 2012

this hotel has a good location right off the the freeway, but it is a little worn. the staff is friendly & attentive. the breakfast is standard fare, the weekend seems to has a little extra with nice precooked omlets in the warmer. when i arrived the clerk told me he had assigned me the room i asked for, a quiet one on the top floor. however the room was on the street side. and when i asked about it he told me he that there were no rooms available on the other side facing the pool & residential area. the tv was an old tube type with the lower channels unviewable. the rate on the weekend also jumped by $30+. the hotel is ok in a pinch, but if i was to stay here again, i'd shop for something better & more reasonable.

Room Tip: rooms on the residential side should be quiter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We were only here for one night as we flew into Boston late one night.

The person who checked us in was very friendly. I had called that day to ask if they had a pack and play and were told they had one, but she didn't seem sure when I asked about it. We had to wait a little while before it arrived at our room. Not a huge deal, but it was 1130 at night and I needed it to put my toddler back to sleep. I was a little worried maybe someone had been wrong when I'd called earlier that day.

The hotel is attached directly to a restaurant/bar. Seemed ok if you were looking for that type of thing, but it made the lobby and halls kinda noisy. Thankfully, when we closed our door, we couldn't hear a sound (we were only 4 rooms from the lobby, so I was impressed). There were a lot of cars there because of the bar, but we found an ok space. There didn't seem to be too much to do in the immediate area, but it was right off the highway, so we didn't do a lot of looking around.

There was enough space for the three of us, but it wasn't large by any means. The only downside of the room is that it seemed kinda dirty. There wasn't a ton of visible dirt like others experienced, but it was dingy mainly in the bathroom.

There was free wifi, but I don't remember a fridge or anything like that (I'm sorry if I missed it in our short stay). Our room overlooked the outdoor pool, which wasn't open yet, but seemed nice. I'm not sure what that would have done to the noise level had it been open though.

Breakfast was small but good. They had some hot food as well as muffins, bagels and such. They even had a make your own waffle iron. It was really good. There were a lot of tables, and almost no one there in the morning (9am or so?). They had at least one high chair as well.

We did have one bad experience checking out. In our room, there were two pieces of metal sticking out from the beds. One was part of the frame that held up the box spring. The piece of metal had just bent away from the square. The other was a support for the box spring that stuck out horizontally from the mattress, as though the mattress had just been pushed too far to one side. We found each of these because my husband and I each walked into one of them. I'm very thankful my 1.5 year old daughter didn't trip and hit her head on either of them. It would have been horrible.

I explained the metal to the person at the desk upon check out. He tried to explain why they were that way (I understood what the parts were, but that's not an excuse). I was very surprised his initial reaction wasn't, 'Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry,' but that it was to explain to me why they were sticking out in the first place.

Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay, but I know there are other places in the area to stay (this is my second trip to the area). I'm not sure if this would be my first choice to stay in the future.

Room Tip: I was very happy with our 1st floor room almost right off the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel seems to be an old, renovated Holiday Inn, and in need of some attention to detail. Our shower rod was hanging down and the shower curtain was missing the liner. The bathroom heat lamp blinked like crazy. Bed skirt had some obvious stains. The TV was an older tube TV but worked just fine. The adjoining doors between rooms shook whenever our neighbors opened and closed their hall door. They still use bedspreads here, too - yuck. The older lady at the front desk at check in was genuine and sincere - a real keeper! Only one public computer in the lobby which was always in use - a problem when you need to print out a boarding pass and be on your way. This was pretty much a place to sleep for the night at a fair rate.

Room Tip: We called ahead to ask for an early check in and were glady accomodated!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As other reviewers have noted, the front desk staff are courteous. Check-in was painless. The price for one Saturday night was, in my opinion, pricey but it's all about location. The parking out front is a little tight. The parking lot appears to be shared with a local bar/restaurant called the "Fat Cactus." There is plenty of parking at the side of the hotel if the front is full. Please note that there are two large function facilities nearby, Lombardo's and The Lantana. It can be a bit busy around the hotel if there are functions at those locations.

My room was on the fourth floor. If your room is on an upper floor, there is a long walk from the front desk to the very small elevator. The elevator is closer to the side entrance of the hotel. The interior of the hotel appears well maintained and updated. My room overlooked the pool area (closed in April) and rear of the Fat Cactus. There was a little bit of bass thump that could be heard from the Fat Cactus but that noise seemed to stop by 11pm.

The room appeared to have new furnishings and carpeting. Previous guests in this room were a little rough on the lamp shades, as the shades appeared battered. The television was an older but serviceable CRT model (not an LCD flat panel). The bathroom was very small, but again appeared to be completely updated. The linens and bed were fine for my one-night stay.

Complimentary breakfast was...well free. Don't expect too much from this meal. Just think, your wallet will be a little fatter and your stomach a little emptier when it comes time for lunch! I didn't use the free Wi-Fi but it was available along with a single desk and PC in the lobby for those risky enough to dare use a public computer.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience from a hotel chain that I usually avoid.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very impressed by the courteous staff at the front desk... Welcoming and very helpful... Make me feel comfortable and mostly like home; a must!

The room was very nice with brand new carpet and clean bathroom and very comfortable King bed...good wifi Internet with secure password...

I really enjoy my stay... Good simple breakfast and don't forget to put the parking pass on your car dash ;-)

Didn't have time to try or visit the fitness center :-(

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The good. Front desk guy was very pleasant and accommodating and it was quiet.

The bad. 1. If your room faces the road, your not going to sleep. There are no blackout curtains so the parking lot lights and street light illuminate the room all night. Ask for a room not facing the road. 2. The breakfast is disgusting. The eggs come out in plastic bag and the pastries have shelf life of 4 weeks.

The ugly. The whole place smells like insect and ant repellent. Toxic odor that gave me a headache. The bed was terrible. Did not seem clean, low quality sheets and cheap.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Skibum1971
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randolph
4.8 km away
3.1 km away
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree

Been to Comfort Inn Randolph? Share your experiences!