All reviewsacross the roadgood nights sleepone night stayfree parkingspacious roommotelshowerbeachaccommodationrslcleanlinessamenitiesshops
Reviewed November 14, 2016

This motel has a good features but also not so good ones.
Good: Spacious and clean rooms. Central location, near the beach, close to eateries (within 1km). There is a shopping centre a couple of streets away with Woolworths, Coles, bottle shop, etc. The motel is very quiet and unaffected by traffic other than noisy flying foxes very active early in the morning (but they did not bother me too much).
Not-so-good: The staff at reception seems very stacked to their own ways and rigid. I arrived early than the normal check-in time and was told to come back at the time stipulated on their website (in other hotels I have been to, they had made the effort to accommodate me even though they were not ready to receive me, not on this place). There is a restaurant in this place which opens at some particular hours. I inquired about the opening hours and the reply was something along the lines of "as advertised on our webpage the restaurant only opens on....." After this I went to check their webpage and noticed that it is badly set up and couldn't find it anywhere. When I requested the wifi password it came with the warning words: "oh but if you use more than 1Gb you will need to come back to give you another one and we will charge you for it". Also the reception does not seem to be manned around midday as I discovered on a particular day that I went to ask for something. Normally I am someone who give good marks to the service provided by the staff or not complain about it if not good but this place really needs to improve on their customer service.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2016

My recent stay at this establishment was for one night only as part of a business trip.
I will start by saying that it's in a good location in regards to eateries, restaurants and shops, being within a 10-15 minute walk. It is also situated on the esplanade opposite the ocean.
The lady that checked me in was really kind and friendly, and an asset to the hotel.
The room itself was clean and a good size, however it was definitely showing it's age and I would suggest an update is needed.
There is a small pool which looked clean and inviting. There was also a BBQ in the pool area for guests to use.
I would stay again for a work trip, but would not choose this hotel if I were vacationing with my family as I prefer a more modern hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2016

the room was clean and spacious, 3 guests 2 towels no teaspoon, coffee mugs were not clean, broken showerhead, used toiletries, we overlooked this.
there was relief managers there at the time of our stay I got the distinct impression when I had to request something or ask a question that I was "bothering him"
I went to get the spare pillow from the cupboard apparently someone in housekeeping thought it would be funny to put the iron on top of the pillow, I am just thankful no child was standing near me when it crashed to the floor.
its a shame as I am sure the managers take pride in running their motel, maybe I just stayed at the wrong time.
we will not return there as I felt unwelcome.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank cheekiebear
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a two night stay as part of our honeymoon road trip down the east coast to visit Fraser Island. Darlene was very helpful and accommodating- she booked us on the best trip we've ever been on. The rooms are clean and quiet with a 10-15 minute walk down to the restaurants and shops. The pool is small but the sea is literally on your door step.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

This hotel offers good sized rooms at a value price for the area. The rooms are quite large and the hotel is pretty clean. Bathroom has a bath & shower. The management is very friendly and prepared to offer local advice to travelers. It is just across the road from the beach, and just a short walk to Woolworths and a BWS for any supplies. The views are not great and there are a huge amount of flying foxes that live just across the road and are very vocal each morning. They should not advertise having a pool, as it is more like a koi pond. It is a pleasant walk from this hotel to most spots in Hervey Bay.
OK for a short stay on a budget.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family