“Fun night out”

Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Such a fun place to have drinks with friends and and listen to live music can't wait for my favorite band Lazy 5 I here they will be there August 19th Friday night

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Unfortunately, the first and last time I ever went here, was a terrible experience. The guy at the table next to me stared at me the entire time, giving me awful, disgusted looks. It got so awkward I asked him if I could help him, he responded "yah, you can LEAVE". I asked our waitress what was up with that, and she simply replied "that's just how some people are, can't really fault him for it personally." The only thing different between me and everyone else there either working or eating was my skin color. I was so sickened, I paid the bill and left; felt the eyes burning into my back as I walked out.

3  Thank vbdee7
Brenda K, Owner at The Banner Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Hi. I can't even begin to tell you how appauled I am. My husband and I have a zero tolerance for any kind of bigotry and make it very clear. Who was the person who spoke to you like that. Not a big staff, so it should be easy to figure out. Would love to hear from you so we can address this. Call 781 878 8717 and ask for Brenda.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

Not from area but will definitely go again when chance arises....Quality pub grub with very cold beer for good prices...Perfect combo!!

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Have been these on several occasions. Seems to be an inexpensive local place. Bar was stickey, I'm afraid to ask from what. A look into the kitchen ... Hmmm..... I've seen cleaner. Ok place for a cheap beer but otherwise, not anything special

Reviewed 22 March 2015

The Banner is a very interesting place. It is located the old historic Thomas hotel and a place where "the regulars" hang out. Pool tables in the back and there is a separate dining room off the side. Quirky old decor but it works. You can't beat the prices or the amount of food you get. We get the fish n chips and ask for the chips to be crispy. The pub size pizza is very good as well. In the summer there is a outdoor patio and bar. Lobster specials are super. I love Ed and Brenda (who is from the old sod!) People come from miles around for the St.Patrick's day food. He cooks enough to feed Dublin. It's not a gourmet restaurant and the surroundings are a bit shabby but it's a fun night out! Very good live music as well!

3  Thank celticlady75