See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Rockport is a quaint town. You will enjoy the historical buildings and artistic flavor of this area. I would recommend researching many of the other Inns in the area for your vacation. The Inn is very historical but we felt that the accomodations were below average and the owners seem stressed and edgey. On one of the last nights we were there we were relaxing and enjoying the wonderful breeze from the open windows. Two couples were talking in front of one of the couple's car saying goodnight. It was apparent that one of the couples was from out of state. We were enjoying listening to their light hearted conversation. To our astonishment the Inn keeper went out and was extremely rude to them. Shouting something about people were trying to sleep. They expressed their apologies yet he continued to be rude to them. It was disturbing and unnecessary since it was not late and certainly not an hour that police would have responded to a disturbance of the peace. There are to many places to stay in the area. Part of being on vacation is to relax and also have fun.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SHADOWPennsylvania
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Have stayed at The Inn on Cove Hill for years and we're going back again this October (2008). Betsey is wonderful. Cove Hill is close to everything, but quiet at night and even has harbor views. The Inn is meticulously maintained and breakfast is lovely. The rooms are charming and the house is from a century past. What more can I say other than it's worth a stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank FGreene
Reviewed February 6, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Inn on Cove Hill at the end of our New York, Boston & New England holiday in June 2007. The Inn is full of character with different rooms to meet individual needs. We were in Lucy's Room on the top floor and it was spacious with a separate lounge adjacent to the bedroom. The shower is a bit small but, how long do you spend in the shower!!
Betsy, the Innkeeper, is up very early to make fresh muffins, which are the best I've ever tasted.
Betsy is a real character and makes you feel very welcome and "at home". Don't think of smoking within the property boundaries - it is a very old wooden house and Betsty would sort you out double quick time.
The Inn is very close to the key areas of Rockport, the Harbour, Bearskin Neck and the excellent fish restaurant (The Greenery) in Dock Square. The view of the Harbour from the top floor rear deck is breathtaking. A pleasant early morning walk along Atlantic Avenue to The Headlands is only a minute or so from the Inn.
My wife and I never go to the same place twice BUT we enjoyed our stay (and Rockport) so much we are going back in 2008 for even longer.
Philip (Kilmacolm, Scotland)

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Covehill
Reviewed July 12, 2005

Like everyone else whose posted a review, I loved the Inn on Cove Hill. Not only is it a beautifully restored house in a gorgeous town on the coast, everyone was right in saying that Betsy was a great host. One of the best I've come across and that's many! We stayed in the room on the side of the house with the separate entrance and porch. It was cozy and comfortable. We had a little trouble with the tub but nothing much to fret over. Her muffins were great and she sat down with us during breakfast and told us about her experiences in restoring the house. It was Halloween when we stayed and, when we left, she sent us off with a pumpkin pail with leftover goodies, muffins and bananas for our long ride. The Inn on Cove Hill is an all-round great experience. But, on behalf of my husband, I must warn anyone staying there that it's a "dry" town - no alcohol for miles! I thought it was funny...my husband, not so much!

• Stayed: October 2003
4  Thank BG15
Reviewed May 17, 2005

The Inn on Cove Hill is certainly a winner. From its amazingly convenient location, spectacular views, great atmosphere, and Betsy's top notch hospitality, I cannot imagine a better experience in Rockport, or any seaside town.

Our stay in Charles Room on the 3rd floor was terrific; amazingly clean and well maintained, we enjoyed very comfortable canopy bed and attractive bathroom. There was a nice sized TV with cable, but it was completely unnecessary. Our view of the harbor was great, and only improved upon when we stepped outside onto the back deck.

Betsy considers you a guest in her own house, and as such, makes a wonderful hostess. Breakfast consisted of her fresh baked muffins (pumpkin one day and banana the next), as well as a generous spread of fresh fruits and other breakfast fare. The dining room certainly makes you feel at home, with fine china to boot.

Restaurants, the center of town, and the ever popular Bearskin Neck are but a stone's throw away, so once you park at the Inn, you have no need to drive for the remainder of the stay. Betsy knows the INNs and outs of everything you need to know, and is very helpful with suggestions and recommendations. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed: May 2005