“Since I was 2 years old”
Review of Front Beach

Front Beach
Ranked #6 of 25 things to do in Rockport
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I have gone to Front Beach over the years for an authentic salt water/ocean experience. The first time , my mother took us when i was about 2. I loved to take a bath so I looked out at the expanse of Atlantic Ocean, exclaimed "big ba', big ba' " and ran toward the water. Reportedly, I stopped when i got deep enough and a small
wave washed over my head and I learned the difference between bath water and salt water.

Date of experience: August 2017
"sea life"
"within walking distance"
"beach area"

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Classic New England beach. Great for walking and exploring. Perhaps also simply drive, view the seaside homes, and dream about spending more time or seeking out a summer cottage. Easy to dawdle, hard to make great time on our drive to Bar Harbor.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed November 25, 2017

It was so windy, I thought I'd get blown into the water (and in fact did!) but I always look for seaglass and other finds when I'm staying near the ocean. This beach did not disappoint. Hit it at low tide and came away with lots of beach plastic (the new, more colorful seaglass...) but some fine pieces of glass, pottery fragments, clay pot, and even a part from an old children's toy!!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank BassSherpa
Reviewed October 28, 2017

This is a small, peaceful beach, with tiny waves and modest sand cover. If you come to the beach for vigorous engagement with the ocean, you can find much better. If, on the other hand, you like a peaceful stroll on the shoreline, reclining with a good book, perhaps some play in the sand, and a guarantee of some interesting people-watching opportunities, this is the place for you.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank William M
See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2017

expansive, clean, friendly beach. calm & clean waters, plenty of close motel/B&B choices. rockport is a very nice authentic new england seaside village. great for walking around, shopping, eating and enjoying the waterfront. busy in-season, quiet in off-season. this main beach is rather enjoyable - not crowded (we were there late august). rent near the beach, easy walk to town center, bearskin neck peninsula and this shops/restaurants.

Date of experience: August 2017