“Small family beach”
Review of Front Beach

Front Beach
Ranked #6 of 35 things to do in Rockport
Reviewed May 9, 2018

This beach is perfect for the family. It is small and your child can run and be free without fear of getting lost in a huge crowd. The only down part is that there are spots with a ton of tiny rocks, pebbles which are hard on the feet when attempting to go into the ocean...but nothing beach shoes or flip flops can't handle. Offers beautiful ocean views and harbor views. My daughter learned to swim here and can't wait to go back every year. If you are a beachcomber it is great for sea glass!! Paid street parking or there is a paid parking lot across the street from the beach for those planning to spend some time.

1  Thank Sarah Mickey S
"every morning"
"public restrooms"
"bathing suits"

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Nce area for a walk and to just gaze out to sea. Beach area very rocky,Definetly need water shoes etc. Still just beginning of season, hoping area would be raked and garbage cleaned, when weather permitted. Nice bench area to over look and enjoy quite time.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I have gone to Front Beach over the years for an authentic salt water/ocean experience. The first time , my mother took us when i was about 2. I loved to take a bath so I looked out at the expanse of Atlantic Ocean, exclaimed "big ba', big ba' " and ran toward the water. Reportedly, I stopped when i got deep enough and a small
wave washed over my head and I learned the difference between bath water and salt water.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Classic New England beach. Great for walking and exploring. Perhaps also simply drive, view the seaside homes, and dream about spending more time or seeking out a summer cottage. Easy to dawdle, hard to make great time on our drive to Bar Harbor.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2017

It was so windy, I thought I'd get blown into the water (and in fact did!) but I always look for seaglass and other finds when I'm staying near the ocean. This beach did not disappoint. Hit it at low tide and came away with lots of beach plastic (the new, more colorful seaglass...) but some fine pieces of glass, pottery fragments, clay pot, and even a part from an old children's toy!!