“FINE DINING AT POPULAR PRICES”
Review of Royal Orchid

Royal Orchid
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Rowley
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

While shopping at Rowley Market Place, I happened upon a semi-hidden area off to the side near the perimeter that was adjacent to the shopping plaza. It was Tuesday when this restaurant was closed. It looked nice. And, after checking TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to stop by for lunch later in the week.

When I arrived at Royal Orchid at 12:15 PM, it was moderately busy.

The décor was tasteful. The booths and tables were of modern design. White linen tablecloths with glass covers made the dining room look more formal. The atmosphere was very serene and quiet. It was a place to relax and enjoy a meal. It was a fine dining restaurant with budget-friendly prices.

I was greeted right away and escorted to a ½ booth along the back wall. My beverage order was taken promptly and delivered a minute later.

From the Luncheon Special Combination section of the menu, I ordered Shrimp with Sweet & Sour Sauce at $9.50. It came with crispy rolls, dumplings, and steamed white rice.

It was about a 15-minute wait for my meal.

The presentation of the food was aesthetically appealing. Each item in the meal tasted as good as it looked. The food was well-prepared. Everything was hot. Portions were more than ample. The four large shrimp were artfully arranged on the bed of mixed vegetables that included coarsely chopped onion, baby corn, grape tomatoes, snow peas, scallions, cucumber, pineapple, and green pepper. The crispy rolls were actually a spring roll cut diagonally in half. The dumplings were traditional Pun Sip Neung, as they’re called in Thai. The sweet and sour chili dipping sauce was tasty. The steamed white rice had been molded into a perfectly round mound. It stuck together just enough so as not to slip off the utensils.

Service was great. The place was very clean, including the restroom.

I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience here and would dine here again.

I rate Royal Orchid Fine Thai Cuisine at 5.0.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Great portions, fresh veggies (wouldn't complain if there were a few more onions and peppers) and the perfect amount of spice.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Tucked in a small strip mall adjacent to a major supermarket is not the place one would expect to find a great Thai restaurant, but it exists in Rowley just off route #1.
Wait staff is great, drinks are perfect and the food is unbelievable.
I had the three tasted duck while my wife enjoyed the vegetable tempura and noodles with peanut sauce.
Will return soon

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant often. The food is high quality, the service is always great and the chocolate martini is the best martini on the Northshore.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

My wife and I have been going here for years. Elegant relaxing atmosphere, very good food and great drinks. All the soups are good. Scallion pancakes are our new favorite and we usually split a curry. Very reliable, good service, and great prices.