“an ice-cream shop like when we were young”

Twin Acres Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Sandwich
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Though a bit on the expensive side (in my opinion), Twin Acres is a treat a couple times a season. We go for the Coconut almond bar ice-cream. It's not a flavor you can find just anywhere. They have places to sit and lovely landscaping but we usually take our treats down to the canal and watch the boats, fishermen and sunsets.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We were heading home from a week's stay on the cape. We were very pleased to find this place on our way home. This was the end of the season for them, but we still found flavors of ice cream we enjoyed. We just had cones, but the scoops were very generous!!

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We spend a week in Sandwich every summer. One of the traditions of this week is a nightly trip to Twin Acres. The ice cream is delicious. Huge portions and the staff is always pleasant.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

stopped at Twin Acres Ice Cream Shoppe after having a wonderful lunch at the Chart Room. Where we found the room for dessert, I don't know. My husband and I ordered the banana boat to bring home and eat later. I confess, I had some before putting it in the freezer. YUM! The staff was friendly, the place is clean and orderly and if we had wanted to sit and eat the ice cream there, we would have been comfortable.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My husband and I have been visiting ice cream shops all over the Cape this summer and Twin Acres is our 7th stop. We went around lunch time and there was already a line at the counter. There was a huge list of hard ice cream as well as soft ice cream choices. Our order included a large vanilla ice cream with jimmies in a large waffle cone and the other was a large hot fudge sundae with coffee ice cream. There were at least 2 large scoops of ice cream in each order. The vanilla ice cream was tasty, rich and very creamy as was the coffee.
The shoppe itself is quaint and very clean. There are many tables and benches all around the shoppe allowing you to enjoy your ice cream seated outside. Great choice for great ice cream!

1  Thank MEC15_12