“The place to go for Chinese food in Sandwich.”
Review of Asia Garden

Asia Garden
Ranked #48 of 70 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 16, 2017

The food is very good. The people working there are friendly. The prices are reasonable, and portions are large enough to provide a couple of meals.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

I just read a review here from Feb. mentioning it was not clean here.
I didn't write a review after coming here on a hot day in August which became my last and final visit and I will let you know why I am doing it now.

This is basically a very small take out restaurant with an open kitchen and we have come here for years ordering combination plates to go. The food was always plentiful and delicious. However, a couple of the latter times not so tasty, thinking "okay maybe regular chef off" and decided to try it again.
I got there around 5:30 on a warm Sunday night, placed my order, and waited by the 3 chairs near the door which was a narrow area by a sofa machine and soda cartons under the three small chairs. Sitting there I saw a large cockroach walk by me. I confirmed with person waiting with me.
I walked over to the counter to the person that took my order. Me: I'd like to show you something by the chairs"
One of the cooks, without my saying what it was, came out from behind with a wad of paper towels.He knew right away about my complaint before I said anything.
Me: I guess you've been having them since you knew what I was going to say.
He said that it's hot and they come in from outside when the door opens!!!!!
The floor was filthy. I cancelled my order as did the person waiting with me and called the Board of Health the next day.
I followed up a couple of months after since they never got back to me.
They told me that they did address the issues regarding cleanliness. Not the first time they cited them for it. They have so many days to take care of it and they cleaned up the area. Also, the Board negated the roaches walking in the door.
They said they most likely come in the cartons shipped to them from out of the country.
It may be fine there now but that did it for me which is very disappointing because for years it was clean and good was excellent.
I don't know if it's same owners.
If I did not see the review from February complaining about the cleanliness I would have let this go but it was still an issue 5 mos. later.

1  Thank coollilygirl19
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Then this is not the place to go they don't offer much in the way of ambiance as well. However, what they do offer, is a diverse menu made of the finest ingredients and all expertly prepared "right before you're eyes". My family has been patronizing this small take-out since it opened and have always been very pleased with their courteous service and "top quality" meals. This is a great little "gem" in my opinion...

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

, wonton soup was good, dumplings, eggfoo young all good, pu pu platter ok, crab Rangoon typical nothing great, will probably return for take out again

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Three years ago I would have rated Asia Garden to be one of the best take out Chinese restaurants in Mass..

Egg rolls a few years ago were large and packed with vegetables. Today they are small over cooked and without value for the price. Ribs are fatty, the Peking Ravioli is tasteless and value is forsaken for high prices and profit.

The owner from a few yers ago is not on the premises or he sold out to people that simply believe that poor tasting food is a way to win customers.

AG is average, at best, a few chairs and tables make up the dining element so you need to allow whereby this is a takeout restaurant only.